乔布斯传 第466期:高领衫和团队合作(1)(在线收听

   Mock Turtlenecks and Teamwork 高领衫和团队合作

  On a trip to Japan in the early 1980s, 20世纪80年代初,在日本拜访时,
  Jobs asked Sony's chairman, Akio Morita, why everyone in his company's factories wore uniforms. 乔布斯曾问过索尼公司的主席盛田昭夫为什么公司里的所有人都穿着制服。
  "He looked very ashamed and told me that after the war, no one had any clothes, “他看起来非常惭愧地告诉我,在战后,人们都没有衣服穿,
  and companies like Sony had to give their workers something to wear each day," Jobs recalled. 所以一些公司必须要给工人提供每天的衣物。”乔布斯回忆道。
  Over the years the uniforms developed their own signature style, 几年之后,制服成为了他们标志性的穿着,
  especially at companies such as Sony, and it became a way of bonding workers to the company. 尤其是在索尼公司,而且这也成为了一种凝聚员工的方式。
  "I decided that I wanted that type of bonding for Apple," Jobs recalled. “我也想让苹果这样做。”乔布斯回忆道。
  Sony, with its appreciation for style, had gotten the famous designer Issey Miyake to create one of its uniforms. 作为一家注重时尚风格的公司,索尼聘请了著名设计师三宅一生为他们设计制服。
  It was a jacket made of ripstop nylon with sleeves that could unzip to make it a vest. 这是一款防撕裂尼龙面料的外套,袖子可以拆卸下来,变成一件背心。
  "So I called Issey and asked him to design a vest for Apple," Jobs recalled. “所以我给三宅一生打电话,请他给苹果公司的员工设计一件背心。”乔布斯回忆道。
  "I came back with some samples and told everyone it would be great if we would all wear these vests. “我带回来一些样品,然后对大家说,如果我们都穿这种背心,那该多好。
  Oh man, did I get booed off the stage. Everybody hated the idea." 但是天哪,我被喝了倒彩。所有人都不赞成这个建议。”
  In the process, however, he became friends with Miyake and would visit him regularly. 不过,在这个过程中,乔布斯和三宅一生成为了朋友,也会定期去看他。
  He also came to like the idea of having a uniform for himself, 乔布斯又有了新的想法,他想给自己设计一套制服,
  because of both its daily convenience (the rationale he claimed) and its ability to convey a signature style. 一是为了日常方便穿着(这是他的基本原则),二是传达一种标志性的风格。
  "So I asked Issey to make me some of his black turtlenecks that I liked, and he made me like a hundred of them." “我很喜欢三宅穿的黑色高领衫,让他帮我做几件,结果他帮我做了上百件。”
  Jobs noticed my surprise when he told this story, so he gestured to them stacked up in the closet. 乔布斯看出了我的惊讶,所以他打开衣柜向我展示摞在里面的衣服。
  "That's what I wear," he said. "I have enough to last for the rest of my life." “我穿的就是这种,”他说,“这些够我穿一辈子了。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/455610.html