TED演讲:拥有大脑的真正原因(11)(在线收听) |
But we've got a problem. Tasks are symbolic -- I want to drink, I want to dance -- but the movement system has to contract 600 muscles in a particular sequence. 但在这里出现问题了。动作任务是符号性质的--我要喝水,我要跳舞--但是运动系统需要按特定顺序收缩600块肌肉。 And there's a big gap between the task and the movement system. 况且有一个巨大的鸿沟横在动作任务和运动系统之间。
So it could be bridged in infinitely many different ways. 意思是我们有无穷多种方式越过这个鸿沟。
So think about just a point to point movement. 来考虑仅仅是点到点的移动。
I could choose these two paths out of an infinite number of paths. 我可以在无穷条可能的路径中选出这两条。
Having chosen a particular path, I can hold my hand on that path as infinitely many different joint configurations. 选定一条特定路径之后,我可以把手放在这条路径上,但是又有无穷多种关节构型。
And I can hold my arm in a particular joint configuration either very stiff or very relaxed. 另外我把的胳膊固定在某一种构型之后,我可以紧张,也可以松弛。
So I have a huge amount of choice to make. 所以我有非常多的选择余地。
Now it turns out, we are extremely stereotypical. We all move the same way pretty much. 不过结果是,我们都特别典型。都基本上用同一种方式移动。
And so it turns out we're so stereotypical, our brains have got dedicated neural circuitry to decode this stereotyping. 我们典型到我们的大脑已经开辟出特定的神经回路,来解码这类典型。
So if I take some dots and set them in motion with biological motion, your brain's circuitry would understand instantly what's going on. 因此如果我拿一些点,然后让它们按生物动作形式来运动,大家的大脑回路会立即知道怎么回事。
Now this is a bunch of dots moving. 好了,这仅仅是一堆点在动。
You will know what this person is doing, whether happy, sad, old, young -- a huge amount of information. 我们就知道这个人在做什么,是喜还是悲,是老还是少--很大量的信息。
If these dots were cars going on a racing circuit, you would have absolutely no idea what's going on. 如果这些点是赛车在赛道上绕圈,我们对发生了什么就完全没有概念了。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456066.html |