TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(5)(在线收听

   When they saw me, they said, "We want a faster processor and a better mouse." 当他们看到我时,他们说:“我们想要更快一点的处理器和更好一点的鼠标。”

  So I said, "How on Earth do you know all this?" 我说:“你们到底是怎么知道全部这些的?”
  And they said something very interesting to me.  然后他们告诉了我一些非常有意思的事情。
  In an irritated voice, they said, "You've given us a machine that works only in English, so we had to teach ourselves English in order to use it."  他们带着生气的口吻说:“你给了我们一台只能用英语动起来的电脑,所以我们只能自己教自己英文才能用得了。”
  I've...That's the first time, as a teacher, that I had heard the word "teach ourselves" said so casually. 那是我作为教师,头一次听人如此随意地说“教自己”。
  Here's a short glimpse from those years.  来回顾一下那几年。
  That's the first day at the Hole in the Wall. On your right is an eight-year-old. To his left is his student. She's six.  那是有了墙洞的第一天。你们右边方向的孩子8岁。他左边的是他的学生,六岁。
  And he's teaching her how to browse.  他正在教她怎么浏览页面。
  Then onto other parts of the country, I repeated this over and over again, getting exactly the same results that we were.  跟着在这个国家的其他地方,我一再地重复这个实验,得到的结果都是相同的。
  An eight-year-old telling his elder sister what to do.  一个八岁的孩子在教他的姐姐如何操作。
  And finally a girl explaining in Marathi what it is, and said, "There's a processor inside." 最后一个女孩用马拉地语解释这是什么,她说:“里面有个处理器。”
  So I started publishing. I published everywhere.  于是我开始了宣传。我四处宣传。
  I wrote down and measured everything, and I said, in nine months, a group of children left alone with a computer in any language will reach the same standard as an office secretary in the West.  我记录并评估每件事。我说,在九个月的时间里,一群孩子与一台设置成任何语言的计算机单独在一起,将会达到同西方办公室秘书一样的操作水准。
  I'd seen it happen over and over and over again. 我看到这样的事一再重演。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456085.html