乔布斯传 第473期:从iCEO到CEO(2)(在线收听) |
Woolard was thrilled, and he suggested that the board was willing to give him a massive stock grant. 伍拉德非常兴奋,他表示董事会愿意给他巨额股份。 "Let me be straight with you," Jobs replied. “我直截了当地和你说吧,”乔布斯告诉他,
"What I'd rather have is an airplane. We just had a third kid. “我更想要一架私人飞机。我刚刚有了第三个孩子。
I don't like flying commercial. I like to take my family to Hawaii. 我不喜欢搭商业航班。我只是想带全家去夏威夷度假。
When I go east, I'd like to have pilots I know." 当我去东海岸的时候,我更愿意让我认识的飞行员开飞机。”
He was never the type of person who could display grace and patience in a commercial airplane or terminal, even before the days of the TSA. 他是一个对商业航班和航站楼毫无好感和耐心的人,即便是被美国运输安全管理局(TSA)接管之前也是一样。
Board member Larry Ellison, whose plane Jobs sometimes used (Apple paid $102,000 to Ellison in 1999 for Jobs's use of it), had no qualms. 董事会成员拉里·埃利森爽快地答应了乔布斯的要求(乔布斯用过几次他的飞机,为此苹果公司在1999年向埃利森支付了10.2万美元)。
"Given what he's accomplished, we should give him five airplanes!" Ellison argued. 埃利森还说:“看在他作出那么多贡献的份上,给他5架飞机都不为过!”
He later said, "It was the perfect thank-you gift for Steve, who had saved Apple and gotten nothing in return." 他后来又说:“这是一个完美的‘致谢礼物’,他拯救了苹果,却不求回报。”
So Woolard happily granted Jobs's wish, with a Gulfstream V, and also offered him fourteen million stock options. 所以,伍拉德愉快地答应了乔布斯的要求,一架湾流V型飞机,此外还赠与他1400万份期权。
Jobs gave an unexpected response. He wanted more: twenty million options. 但是乔布斯的回应出乎所有人的意料。他想要更多:“2000万份。”
Woolard was baffled and upset. The board had authority from the stockholders to give out only fourteen million. 伍拉德既困惑又生气。董事会只有权从股东那里分出1400万份期权。
"You said you didn't want any, and we gave you a plane, which you did want," Woolard said. 伍拉德说:“你说你不要别的,我们给了你一架飞机,你说你只要飞机。”
"I hadn't been insisting on options before," Jobs replied, 乔布斯回答:“我从来没有在期权的问题上坚持过,
"but you suggested it could be up to 5% of the company in options, and that's what I now want." 但是你曾建议说,我最多能拿到公司5%的期权,这就是我现在想要的。” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/459107.html |