跟艾米莉一起学口语 第498期:情人节爽约(在线收听

 stand sb up

爽某人的约;让某人空等一场


How dare you stand me up!
你怎么敢爽我的约!
You stood me up last night.
你昨晚放我鸽子了。
 


A:We're through.
我们结束了。
B:Why?
为什么?
A:Why?Isn't it obvious?First,you impose way too much on me,and I'm tired of it.Second,youstood me up on Valentine's Day.
为什么?!这不是明摆着吗?首先,你对我太苛求了。我感觉很累。其次,情人节那天你居然爽约了。
B:I'm really sorry for that,but I've sent you several messages to explain.My mom was seriously ill on that day and I had to look after her.
对这件事我真的很抱歉。可是我也发了好几条短信解释了。那天我妈妈病得很重,我必须得照顾她。
A:But I ended up finding out later that night that you were with another girl at a cafe near your home.
可是结果我却发现,那天晚上晚些时候你和别的女孩在你家附近的一家咖啡馆里。
B:That girl was my cousin.
那个女孩是我表妹。
A:You've got so many cousins.I called you later that night,but you didn't have the guts to answer the phone.
你的表妹可真多。那天晚上晚点的时候我给你打电话了,可是你根本就没有胆子接我电话。
B:I didn't take my cell phone with me at that time.
那会儿我没有带手机。
A:I don't buy your story.
我才不相信你的鬼话呢!
B:I know you can't hear me right now.Please calm down.Anyway,I don't want to part.I'll drop by tomorrow.
我知道你现在听不进去我说的话。请你冷静下来。无论如何,我不想分手。我明天去你那里。
A:No,don't.I don't want to see you anymore.Don't ever call me again.
不行,你别来。我再也不想见到你。永远别再打电话给我了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/amlxky/460410.html