A: Mary, you look very sad today. What is the matter?
玛丽,你今天看起来情绪不好,出什么事情了?
B: I heard that Tom was spreading some rumorsabout me.
我听说汤姆在背后说我的坏话。
A: Really? What did he say?
真的吗?他说什么?
B: He said I was as proud as a peacock.
他说我非常傲慢。
A: That’s ridiculous! You shouldn't lie down undersuch accusations.
真是太荒唐了,你不能甘受这样的谴责。
发音讲解
发音小技巧之辅音与辅音的连读。当前面单词的尾字母是爆破音,比如/b/,/p/,/d/,/t/,/k/,/g/时,爆破音不发音。(不发音不等于直接吞音,而是要摆出舌位并空出相应的时间),直接读后面的辅音。
sad today
sad today
proud as a
/praʊdəzə/
对话解析
spread rumors
散布谣言
Let her spread rumors if she wants. No one's going to believe her anyway.
让她去造谣得了,反正没人相信她。
Don't spread rumors, or you'll ruin his reputation.
不要散步谣言,否则你会毁了他的名声。
lie down under
逆来顺受
I will not lie down under such treatment.
我不会甘受这样的待遇。
as proud as a peacock
十分骄傲,自高自大
The boy was as proud as a peacock after winning his first swimming certificate.
男孩自从获得了他的第一个游泳证书后,就非常骄傲。
peacock
/ˈpi:kɑ:k/
孔雀 |