《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第100期:事情变得非常棘手(在线收听

 It's getting quite tricky, this bit.Here without proper crampons or ice axes. 事情变得非常棘手 我现在没有 可用的冰爪或者冰镐

When moving ice slower at the edge of glaciers, 冰川边缘的冰层移动缓慢
it tears and ruptures, forming crevasses with steep sides and deadly deep hollows. 冰会断裂形成裂隙 下面是陡峭山坡和不见底的深沟
Fall in here, and you're not coming out. 掉到里面就出不来了
Oh, man,this ice is just treacherous. 天哪 这块冰不够坚固
Let's get safe here and assess what we're gonna do. 这边安全  从这里通过
See, this crevasse here narrows as it goes down into a choke point. 看  这个裂隙 越来越窄  最终形成合拢在那一点
I reckon if I can rappel down to that and then just edge my way along. 我想如果我能用绳索下到那儿 然后沿裂隙行走
There, you see where it leads,all the way around the bottom to that, like, funnel. 可看到这裂隙一直延伸到那里 它围绕着底部  呈漏斗形
I need to anchor my rope,and the answer is an ice bollard. 我要锚定绳索 方法就是用冰柱桩
But I need to work fast.The sun is high, and all the ice around here is melting. 但我需要动作快点 太阳高照  这里的冰都在融化
In summertime, a lot of all this surface ice you see is really loose and crumbly. 在夏天  你看到的这种表层的冰 十分松散易碎
It's basically just melting.You need to get through that to more solid stuff,especially if your life is depending on it. 基本上一直在融化 你需要扒开它们  找到更坚硬的冰 尤其当你的生命都寄托在它上面时
I've hung on to my rappelling rope for just this kind of situation. 我一直带着的垂降绳 就是为了这种时刻
Good thing about doing it like this is that it means the rope is retrievable. 最好这样卷 这样扔出去的绳索好收回
The bollard looks solid, but you always have that doubt will the ice hold? 冰柱看起来很坚固  但你总会不禁怀疑 这冰柱能承受得住吗
Actually, what worries me more at the moment is this big block here. 其实我现在更担心的是 这块大冰坨
And if that goes on us,it's basically the weight of a car. 如果它砸下来 大概是一辆车的重量
We need to get moving through here and not really stop. 我们需要尽快通过这里 不能停下脚步
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hyqs/463781.html