欧美人文风情第39篇:给低头族的一首诗《抬起头吧!》(在线收听) |
I have 422 friends, yet I am lonely. 我有422个朋友,但我还是孤伶伶的。 I speak to all of them every day, yet none of them really know me. 我每天跟他们所有人说话,但他们没有一人真正了解我。
The problem I have sits in the spaces between 我所拥有的问题,存在于那之中的空间
Looking into their eyes, or at a name on a screen. 是要看着他们的双眼,或是看着荧幕上的名字
I took a step back and opened my eyes, 我向后退了一步,并睁开我的双眼,
I looked around and realized, 我环顾四周,发现,
This media we call social is anything but 这个我们称作社交的媒体一点也不社交
When we open our computers and it's our doors we shut. 当我们打开我们的电脑,我们就关上了那道门。
All this technology we have, it's just an illusion, 我们拥有的所有这些科技,只是个假象
Community companionship, a sense of inclusion, yet 社会的陪伴、一种包容感,然而
When you step away from this device of delusion 当你远离这个欺瞒的装置,
You awaken to see a world of confusion, 你会觉醒看见这个充满混淆的世界,
A world where we're slaves to the technology we mastered 一个我们受到我们精通的科技所奴役的世界
Where information gets sold by some rich greedy bastard, 在那儿资讯被某些富有贪婪的混蛋出卖,
A world of self interest, self image, self promotion 一个充斥个人利益、个人影像、个人推广的世界
Where we all share our best bits, but leave out the emotion. 在那儿我们全都分享我们最好的一面,但将情绪抛诸脑后。
We're at our most happy with an experience we share, 我们在分享经验时是最快乐的,
But is it the same if no one is there? 但如果没人同在,还会是一样的吗?
Be there for your friends and they'll be there too, 对你的朋友伸出援手,他们也会同等付出
But no one will be if a group message will do. 但如果有个群组讯息可以做到的话,就没人会去做。
We edit and exaggerate, crave adulation. 我们编辑、夸大、渴望得到奉承。
We pretend not to notice the social isolation. 我们假装没有注意到社交孤立。
We put our words into order and tint our lives a glistening. 我们将我们的文字依序编排,将我们的生活点缀得闪闪发光。
We don't even know if anyone is listening. 我们甚至不晓得是否有任何人在倾听。
Being alone isn't a problem, 孤独并不是个问题,
Let me just emphasize, if you read a book, paint a picture, or do some exercise. 让我就再强调,如果你读本书、画幅画、或做些运动
You're being productive and present, not reserved and recluse. 你是具有生产力且活在当下的,不是沉默且孤独的。
You're being awake and attentive and putting your time to good use. 你正清醒且全心投入,并有效利用你的时间
So when you're in public, and you start to feel alone 所以当你处在群众之中,你开始感到孤单的时候,
Put your hands behind your head, step away from the phone. 就将你的双手放在头的后面,远离手机。
You don't need to stare at your menu, or at your contact list. 你不需要盯着你的选单,或是你的通讯录。
Just talk to one another, learn to co-exist. 只要跟彼此对话,学着共存。
I can't stand to hear the silence of a busy commuter train 我无法忍受听到繁忙的通勤火车上一声不响
When no one wants to talk for the fear of looking insane. 没人想要开口,因为怕看起来像疯子。
We're becoming unsocial, 我们正变得无法做社会交流,
It no longer satisfies to engage with one another, and look into someone's eyes. 与彼此交流、看着某人的双眼再也无法满足人们了。
We're surrounded by children, who since they were born, 我们被孩子围绕,他们自出生后,
Have watched us living like robots, who now think it's the norm. 就看着我们像机器人般过活,现在认为这是种常态。
It's not very likely you'll make world's greatest dad, 你不大可能会成为世界上最好的爸爸,
If you can't entertain a child without using an iPad. 如果你没办法不用iPad就能取悦孩子的话。
When I was a child, I'd never be home, 当我还是个孩子,我从未待在家,
Be out with my friends, on our bikes we'd roam. 我和我的朋友们外出,骑着我们的脚踏车闲晃。
I'd wear holes on my trainers, and graze up my knees. 我会穿着破洞的球鞋,擦伤我的双膝。
We'd build our own clubhouse, high up in the trees. 我们会筑起我们自己的俱乐部,高高地在树上。
Now the park's so quiet, it gives me a chill, 现在公园是如此地宁静,让我不寒而栗,
See no children outside and the swings hanging still. 看到没有孩子在外头,而秋千静止不动。
There's no skipping, no hopscotch, no church and no steeple. 没有跳绳、没有跳房子游戏、没有上教堂、没有教堂的尖塔。
We're a generation of idiots, smart phones and dumb people. 我们是一个充满白痴、智慧型手机、和愚蠢人们的世代。
So look up from your phone, shut down the display. 所以从你的手机抬起头来、关上荧幕。
Take in your surroundings, make the most of today. 接纳你周遭的事物,将今天发挥到淋漓尽致。
Just one real connection is all it can take 只要一次真正的接触,这就足以
To show you the difference that being there can make. 告诉你亲临现场可以造成的不同。
Be there in the moment that she gives you the look 在她给了你那眼神的那一刻亲临现场
That you remember forever as when love overtook 当爱情席卷而来时你会永远记得
The time she first held your hand, or first kissed your lips 她第一次牵你的手、或是第一次吻你的唇之时
The time you first disagreed but you still love her to bits. 你们第一次争执,但你还是爱她爱到一发不可收拾之时。
The time you don't have to tell hundreds of what you've just done 你不必细数上百件你才刚做好的事之时
Because you want to share this moment with just this one. 因为你只想和这个人分享此时此刻。
The time you sell your computer, so you can buy a ring 你卖掉你的电脑,好能买只戒指之时
For the girl of your dreams, who is now the real thing. 为了你梦中的女孩,她现在是千真万确的事情了。
The time you want to start a family, and the moment when 你想要成家之时,还有那一刻
You first hold your little girl, and get to fall in love again. 你第一次抱着你的小女孩,并再次恋爱了。
The time she keeps you up at night, and all you want is rest 她整晚让你不得安宁、你想要的只有休息之时
And the time you wipe away the tears as your baby flees the nest 还有当你的宝贝离巢而去,你擦去泪水之时
The time your baby girl returns, with a boy for you to hold 你的宝贝女儿回来,带着个男孩给你抱抱之时
And the time he calls you granddad and makes you feel real old. 还有他叫你爷爷,让你感觉真的好老之时。
The time you've taken all you've made, just by giving life attention. 你记录下所有你曾做过的事情之时,仅仅是透过重视生活。
And how you're glad you didn't waste it, by looking down at some invention. 还有你多么庆幸你没有将它给浪费掉,因为光低头看着某些发明。
The time you hold your wife's hand, sit down beside her bed, 你握着你妻子的手之时,坐在她的床边,
You tell her that you love her and lay a kiss upon her head. 你告诉她你爱她,并在她头上留下个吻。
She then whispers to you quietly as her heart gives a final beat 接着当她的心脏跳最后一下时,她低声悄悄地告诉你
That she's lucky she got stopped by that lost boy in the street. 她很幸运能被那在街头迷路的男孩给叫住。
But none of these times ever happened, you never had any of this. 但这些时光从未发生过,你未曾体验过这之中任何一个。
When you're too busy looking down, you don't see the chances you miss. 当你太忙于低着头,你就看不见你错失的机会。
So look up from your phone, shut down those displays. 所以从你的手机抬起头,关上那些荧幕。
We have a final act existence, a set number of days. 我们有个最终的存在期限,一段固定的天数。
Don't waste your life getting caught in the net, 别浪费你的人生沉迷在网路中,
As when the end comes nothing's worse than regret. 当人生终点来临时,没有什么比悔恨更糟糕的。
I'm guilty too of being part of this machine, 对于成为这台机器的一部分我也深感罪恶
This digital world, we are heard but not seen 在这个数位世界,我们被听见、但没有被看见
Where we type as we talk, and we read as we chat 在那儿我们讲话用打字的,我们聊天用读的
Where we spend hours together without making eye contact. 在那儿我们聚在一起数个小时却没有眼神交流。
So don't give into a life where you follow the hype. 别陷入一段随波逐流的人生。
Give people your love, don't give them your "like." 给人们你的爱,不要给他们你的“赞”。
Disconnect from the need to be heard and defined. 与想要被听见、被定义的需求断绝关系。
Go out into the world, leave distractions behind. 走出去进入世界,将令人分心的事物给抛在后头。
Look up from your phone. Shut down that display. 从你的手机抬起头看看。关掉那荧幕。
Stop watching this video. Live life the real way. 别再看这部影片了。以真实的方式过生活吧。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465286.html |