欧美人文风情第347篇:让世界充满爱的色彩(在线收听

 Ready? 准备好了吗?

There's a moment in the morning where I'm a blank slate—not a thought in my head. 早晨的我就像一块白板--脑中没有一丁点想法。
And I don't want to fill it with another violent headline. 而我不想用另一条充满暴力的头条新闻来填满它。
You see, we become obsessed with reading every little detail about the senseless acts of violence. 你看,我们变得着迷于阅读毫无意义的暴行中的每一个小细节。
There's so much bad; there's so much injustice. It can just feel insurmountable. 有这么多不好的事物;有这么多不公不义。可能会让人感觉难以克服。
That's no way to live. It's time for a change. 我们不该这样活着。是时候改变了。
Every day since third grade, before I ran off to the bus, my mom would tell me to choose joy. 从三年级开始的每一天,在我跑去搭公交车之前,我妈妈会告诉我要选择欢乐。
And that's exactly what we need to bring back the color to this bleached-out landscape. 欢乐正是我们所需要的东西,让我们将色彩带回到这片苍白风景。
What if we all choose joy? Paint the world with color. 要是我们都选择欢乐呢?用色彩来彩绘这个世界。
It can't undo the senseless acts of violence, but it will make a difference. 虽然它无法消除那些无知的暴力行为,但它会有所改变。
Choosing joy doesn't mean we ignore the problem. It means we attack it with a positive approach. 选择欢乐不代表我们忽视问题。它表示我们用正面的方式迎击。
I can look up from my daily routine and see the joy around me. 我可以不再埋首于例行公事,然后看见周遭的欢乐。
I can look for the positive and bring back the color to my life. 我可以寻找正面的事物,然后将色彩带回到我的生活中。
We can bring back the color and paint the world. 我们可以将色彩带回来,并且彩绘这个世界。
Now this isn't a band-aid that can be applied to fix everything overnight, 这并不是贴上去就可以一夜之间解决所有问题的OK蹦,
but it can change your world that you live in and change the world of the people around you. 但它可以改变你所生活的世界,然后改变你身边人的世界。
Painting the world isn't a solo mission. 彩绘这个世界并不是一个单人任务。
It takes a team, but you, as an individual on this wonderful planet, 它需要一个团队,但是你,
can start at home and let the color spill from one person to the next, 身为这颗奇妙星球的一分子,可以从家里开始,然后让色彩从一个人泼洒到下一个人,
to the next until we create this incredible ever-changing masterpiece. 再到下一个人,直到我们创造出这个不可思议、不断改变的杰作。
And I think that it's so cool that every day and everyone can contribute something new. 我觉得每个人每天可以贡献新的事物是一件很酷的事情。
You can add color back to this landscape. You can choose joy. 你可以将色彩加回到这片风景。你可以选择欢乐。
You can let it spread by sharing a kind word or making meaningful actions. 你可以透过分享一句好话,或是做出有意义的行动来让它散播出去。
And I can hope that it'll spread to everyone it touches, that those who experience an act of joy will pass it on. 我可以盼望它扩散到它所触及的每一个人、体会到欢乐举动的那些人会将它传递下去。
And it's hard. But when you have a positive impact on others, 这不简单。但是当你对其他人有正向的影响时,
you can hope they return the favor when you need it most. 在你碰到困境时,你就能期望他们有所报答。
So, I wanna challenge you to smile and nod and acknowledge the people you pass on the street, 所以说,我想要挑战你,在路上对经过的人们微笑、点头打招呼、
to give your waiter a slightly above average tip. 给你的服务生稍稍高于平均的小费。
Next time you say to yourself or your friends "Hey, I like that person's sweater."— tell them. 下一次你对自己或是你的朋友说“嘿,我喜欢那个人的毛衣”时,就直接告诉他们吧。
Don't keep the positivity to yourself. Share it. 不要将这份正能量只保留给自己。把它分享出去吧。
Surround yourself with like-minded people. Open the door for strangers. 将自己融入在想法类似的人群中。为陌生人开门。
High five to the guy next you. Buy him a drink. 跟你身旁的人击掌。买给他一杯饮料。
The next time someone cusses you out on the street, don't even look back. 下一次有人在街上对你骂脏话,甚至别回头了。
Tell the people in your life you love them. 告诉你生命中的人们你爱他们。
Ask your friends how they're doing and listen to their answers. 问问你的朋友们他们最近过得怎么样,然后听听他们的回答。
If you see someone struggling, help them. 如果你看到有人挣扎着,帮助他们吧。
If you see someone having a great day, rejoice with them because they are choosing joy. 如果你看到有人度过很棒的一天,跟他们一起开心吧,因为他们选择了欢乐。
All these different shades of red, blue, and green make life more exciting. 所有这些不同浓淡的红色、蓝色和绿色都让生活更加振奋人心。
They say that hate breeds hate, but why can't love ignite love, joy increase joy? 他们说恨意滋生恨意,但为什么爱不能点燃爱,欢乐增添欢乐?
I say, let's make kindness go viral. 我说,我们一起让善良蔓延吧。
Choose joy, and let the color spread as we paint ourselves a new world. 选择欢乐,并在我们给自己彩绘一个新世界的同时,让颜色散播出去吧。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466391.html