欧美人文风情第362篇:"enough"与"too"的区别(在线收听) |
You're not getting enough sleep. 你睡得不够多。 Yes. I think I'm working too hard. 对。我觉得我工作太认真了。
I think you go to bed too late. 我觉得你睡得太晚了。
These are two very common and very useful words. Let's start with "enough." 这是两个很常见也很有用的单词。我们先从“enough(足够)”开始。
Oh, good. You got some bottled water. 喔,太好了。你拿了一些瓶装水。
Is it enough? Yes. Plenty. Good. 这样够吗?够。很多。太好了。
We use "enough" to say we have as much or as many as we need or want, so, a sufficient quantity. 我们运用“enough(足够)”来表示我们拥有的量和我们需要或想要的量一样多,也就是说,足够的量。
Oh, I'm almost out of gas. 喔,我的汽油快没了。
Oh, do you have enough to get to a petrol station? 喔,你有足够的汽油开去加油站吗?
A petrol station? A gas station. 汽油站?加油站。
If we don't have enough, we don't have the amount we need. 如果不够,就代表我们没有自己需要的量。
Do you want to come for lunch? 你想来一起午餐吗?
I can't. I don't have enough time. 我不能。我没有足够的时间。
Oh, too busy, eh? Yeah. 喔,太忙了,是吗?对呀。
So, "enough" means having the necessary amount of something. Now, what about "too"? 那么,“enough(足够)”代表拥有的某个东西有足够的量。这样的话,“too(太)”呢?
Spaghetti. Oh, that's too much. 意大利面。喔,那太多了。
Let's have some chocolates. 我们来吃点巧克力。
Whoo, yes. But not too many. 唔,太好了。但不要太多。
You can never have too many chocolates. 巧克力永远不嫌多。
We use "too" to say more than sufficient, more than necessary, or more than is good. 我们用“too(太)”来表达比足够的更多、比需要的更多或比适当的更多。
This bag is too big for carry-on. Well, yes. 这个包包太大了,不能当随身行李。对呀。
You're not getting enough sleep. 你睡不够多。
Yes. I think I'm working too hard. 对。我觉得我工作太认真了。
I think you go to bed too late. 我觉得你太晚睡了。
Notice the word position. We use "too" before adjectives and adverbs, but we use "enough" after them. 注意单词的位置。我们在形容词和副词前面使用“too(太)”,但在形容词和副词后面用“enough(足够)”。
So "too" comes before; "enough" comes after. 所以“too(太)”在前面出现;“enough(足够)”在后面出现。
This lid is too tight. I'm not strong enough. 这个盖子太紧了。我不够有力气。
This knife is too blunt. It's not sharp enough. 这把刀子太钝了。它不够锐利。
This lid is too tight. I'm not strong enough. 这个盖子太紧了。我不够有力气。
This knife is too blunt. It's not sharp enough. Try this. 这把刀子太钝了。它不够锐利。试试这支。
So, that's how to use "too" and "enough." I hope this lesson wasn't too difficult. Was it easy enough? 这就是运用“too(太)”和“enough(足够)”的方式。希望这课不会太难。够简单吗?
If you've enjoyed it, please share this video with a friend. 如果你喜欢的话,将这部影片分享给一个朋友吧。
At Simple English Videos, we believe you can learn faster if you can see English in action. 在简单英文视频的频道中,我们相信如果你能看见英文实际的应用方式,一定能学得更快。
So we have lots of conversations that show you what people say in the real world. 所以我们有很多对话,要给你们看看真实的世界中大家怎么说。
We publish a new video every Friday, so subscribe to our channel for more. Bye now! 我们每周五会发布新视频,所以想要更多视频的话就要订阅我们的频道喔。再见啦!
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466406.html |