Dialogue 1 新春口语
Mark: Hey, Jing Jing! Long time no see! How’d your New Year holiday go?
马克:嘿,京晶,好久不见啊!春节假期过得如何?
Jingjing:It was great! But it went by too quickly! Wow, Mark, it looks like you’ve packed on some pounds.
京晶:挺好的,就是假期过得太快了!哇,马克,你看上去好像胖了一些啊。
Mark:Yeah, I sure did! I spent my holiday in Sichuan. The grub there is out of this world! I liked the spicy sausage best
马克:是呀,确实如此。我假期在四川过的,那里的食物简直好吃极了!我尤其喜欢川味香肠。
Jingjing:You were in Sichuan?
京晶:你在四川?
Mark: Yes!I had so much fun in Sichuan. I posted a picture of myself at Wuhouci, and believe it or not, one of our fans works there! She offered me free tickets to visit the temple fair!Aren’t we lucky to have such wonderful fans?
马克:是啊!我在四川玩儿得很开心。我发了一张自己在武侯祠的照片,信不信由你,我们有个听众竟然就在那儿工作!她还给了我去庙会的免费门票呢。有这么棒的听友难道不是我们的幸运吗?
Jingjing:What a sweet person! During my trip, I had a huge get together with my family. My parents even tried to set me up on a blind date! I didn’t enjoy it much, but I had no choice!
京晶:真是好人啊!我这趟行程,和家人好好地聚了一次。我父母甚至尝试给我安排了相亲,我真心不喜欢,但有什么办法呢?
Mark:I totally understand. Oh, I got a lot of red envelopes from my friends, and I gave a lot away too!
马克:我完全理解。对了,我收到了好多朋友们发来的红包,同时我也给出了许多。
Jingjing:Hey, where’s my red envelope?
京晶:嘿,我的红包呢?
Mark:Uhh… Anyways, I did a lot of sleeping in. It felt so good to catch up on all those hours of missed sleep!
马克:呃…,对了,我还睡了好多懒觉呢,补上那些没睡够的觉感觉实在太棒了!
Jingjing:Not me, I took advantage of my time at home. I visited lots of temples, burned incense, and prayed for happiness. My favorite time was setting off fireworks. We used electronic ones this time, in order to protect the environment!
京晶:我没有。我好好地利用了这段在家的时间。我去了一些庙里上香祈福。当然我最喜欢的就是放鞭炮啦,为了保护环境,今年我们放的是电子鞭炮。
Mark:Oh, cool! I wanted to buy some fireworks this year too, but…
马克:不错不错!我今年本来也想买点儿鞭炮的,但是…
Jingjing:But what?
京晶:但是什么?
Mark:But I lost all of my money playing ma jiang!
马克:我的钱打麻将都输光啦!
New words : 习语短语
Pack on some pounds = to gain weight 体重增加
Grub =slang for “food” 食物的俚语
Out of this world = amazing 了不起的,世界一流水平的
Get together = (noun) a reunion, or a gathering of a lot of people 团聚,聚在一起
Blind date= 相亲
Have nochoice = 无奈;不得不
Sleep in = 睡懒觉
Burn incense = 上香,烧香
Dialogue 2 新春口语
Mark: Hey, Jingjing,I've really had a great time in Beijing during the Spring Festival. I'm so sad that it's coming to an end.
马克:嗨,京晶,我今年在北京过了一个非常愉快的春节,我很难过它就要结束了。
Jingjing: Don't get too sad, we still have a red letter day coming up.
京晶:不要太难过,我们还有一个重要的节日马上就要到了。
Mark: Oh yeah? What day is that?
马克:哦,真的吗?什么节?
Jingjing: The Lantern Festival! It's on the fifteenth day of the first month.
京晶:元宵节。在正月十五这天。
Mark: But it's already the middle of February, didn't we miss it?
马克:但是现在已经二月中旬了,不是应该已经错过了吗?
Jingjing: No, Chinese people go by the lunar calendar to celebrate this holiday.
京晶:没有,中国人按农历过这个节。
Mark: Okay, so fill me in, what do Chinese people do on this special day?
马克:好吧,那快告诉告诉我中国人怎么过这个节?
Jingjing: Well, in Chinese we call it “Yuan Xiao Jie”. The first month of the Chinese calendar is called yuan month, and in ancient times people called night xiao.
京晶:按中文来说,我们叫元宵节。因为按照农历,第一个月叫做“元”月,而古时候“宵”是夜晚的意思。
Mark: I see, so why is it called the Lantern Festival in English then?
马克:哦,我知道了,那么为什么英文管它叫灯笼节呢?
Jingjing: In early times,young people were chaperoned in the streets in hopes of finding love. Matchmakers tried to hook people up.The brightest lanterns were signs of good luck and hope.
京晶:在古时候,年轻人会在监护人陪伴下到街上去寻找姻缘,媒人们会尽力牵线搭桥,最亮的灯笼就代表着好运和希望。
Mark: What about nowadays?
马克:那么现在呢?
Jingjing: Nowadays people enjoy guessing lantern riddles and eating tangyuan.
京晶:现在人们会猜灯谜,吃汤圆。
Mark: I think I better practice my Chinese so that I can crack the riddles.
马克:我想我最好好好练习我的中文,这样我就能猜出灯谜了。
Jingjing: That's right,good luck and have a happy Yuan Xiao Jie!
京晶:没错,祝你好运,元宵节快乐!
New words : 习语短语
a red letter day = 重要的日子,节日
the Lantern Festival = 元宵节
go by: according to = 遵循
fill me in = 告诉我
chaperone = 陪伴;监护
matchmaker = 媒人
hook someone up = 牵线搭桥
nowadays =如今
to crack (a riddle, a code, a legal case, etc.) = 解开(谜语,密码,法律难题等等) |