《摩登家庭》第1季第14集 第2期:为家庭放弃事业(在线收听

 I will have you know that I had quite the little career going. 跟你们说  当年我可是前途大好

I was an account manager at Starcrest Hotels. 我那时可是星冠酒店的客户经理
I had a little cubicle, 我有自己的小单间
and-and I wore my tennis shoes to work... 我先穿运动鞋去上班
and changed into my work pumps. 然后换成工作装
It was very Working Girl. 跟电影《上班女郎》一样
That movie's so clutch   Mm-hmm. 那部电影真赞  哼
I don't mind saying I was making quite a splash. 可以说  我当年那叫一个宏图大展啊
Well, then, why'd you quit? 那你为什么不干了呢
Well, Haley, call me old-fashioned, 海莉  你可以说我守旧
but I wanted to focus on raising a family. 但我想全心顾家
So I married your dad. 所以我嫁给了你老爸
Five months later, we... were... 过了五个月以后  我们就  就
four months away from having this little bundle of joy. 又过了四个月  有了这个小美人
Mm-hmm. 嗯嗯
There's my lawyer. 我家大律师驾到
Gloria got into a little car accident, 歌洛莉亚出了场小车祸
so my dad asked me to help her out. 我爸让我帮她处理下
And, uh, this is the first 这是第一次
time that my dad's asked me for legal advice, 我爸向我请求法律援助
and it's-it's nice. 感觉很不错
It's nice to know that he respects me in that way. 那让我觉得他还是很尊重我的工作的
Well, Mitchell is an amazing lawyer. 米奇尔是个超棒的律师
My dream for him is that one day he'll be on the Supreme Court. 我梦想他能进最高法院
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d1j/470158.html