摩登家庭第三季 第35期:签名凑够了(在线收听

 Thanks so much, you guys. Maybe you should make a wish. 非常感谢大伙。先许个愿吧。

Uh, hi. Oh, I'm sorry. Um, I'm here for the Traffic Committee meeting? 打扰一下。我是来参加交通委员会会议的。
The meeting's been adjourned. -Yeah. Um...- It's my birthday. 已经休会了。-是吗。-我正开生日会呢。
I'm sorry. Happy birthday. Uh, just--someone sent me to the wrong room, and you guys don't meet again for months, and this is pretty much a matter of life and death, so... 我很抱歉。祝你生日快乐。有人把我带到错误的房间去了,你们下次开会又得等好几个月,而这事可是生死攸关,迫在眉睫......
Uh, yeah, it's fine. Uh, just-- if you could make it quick. We--it's an ice cream cake. -Okay. 好吧,随便你。只要你能尽快说完。这可是冰激凌蛋糕。-没问题。
A-actually, it's not. -What? - No. 其实,这不是冰激凌的。-什么?-不是冰激凌。
Really? Oh, then we-- we're not in a rush, I guess. At all. No rush. Go ahead. 真的吗?那我们就没什么可急的了。完全不用急。慢慢来。说吧。
Great. My name is Claire Dunphy, and my family and I live near that intersection of -- - Why not? Why not? 太好了。我叫克莱尔·邓菲,我家就住在离那个危险十字路不远的地方...... -为啥不买冰激凌的?
The freezer was broken, and we couldn't keep it here. 冰箱坏了,没法保存冰激凌蛋糕。
See? This is why I ask you to think ahead, okay? Do you have your 50 signatures? 你看?我就跟你说过提前做好准备。你征集到50个签名了吗?
Uh, almost. I have 34, but I--Oh. That's the same thing. 差不多了。我征集了34个 可是 多点少点差不多。
Wow. I'm confused. It's not the same thing. - No. 可把我说糊涂了。其实是差得多。-绝对。
No. 34 is not the same thing as 50, just like a cake is not the same thing as an ice cream cake. 34和50差得多了,普通蛋糕和冰激凌蛋糕也相差很多。
Right. I get that. Sir, I'm trying to save lives here...- Mom. and I can get you the rest of the signatures. - Mom. Mom. Mom. 好吧。您的意思我懂。但这可是生死攸关的大事...... -妈妈。我征集够签名再来。-妈。妈。
Mom! -Oh, my god. What are you doing here? Girls. 妈!-姑娘们,你们来这干什么?
We--we went door to door and we got you 20 more signatures. 我们挨家挨户地敲门又凑齐了20个签名。
That is so sweet of you. 你们真是太贴心了。
Well, you were freaking out at us, so... Okay, you know, let's not ruin it. All right, 54 signatures. 你把我们吓得不轻,所以......行了,打住,别破坏气氛。给你54个签名。
So what do you say? Let's start saving lives one intersection at a time. 怎么样?拯救生命从十字路口做起。
Okay, thank you very much. We will, uh, take these under advisement. Just leave 'em here, and thank you... 非常感谢你。我们会好好研究这事。签名留在这里,再次感谢......
Wait a minute. I know what that means. -Oh, here we go. 等一下。我可知道"研究"什么意思。-这下惨了。
That's Washington-speak for "Get lost." 这是"滚吧"的官方说法。
Well, um, wow, Phil. what are you doing here? 那个,菲尔。你来干嘛?
I'm your husband. I'm blindsiding you. Your honor, permission to approach. 我是你老公。我在守护你的弱点。法官大人,请允许我发言。
Not a judge. -I'll allow it. 他不是法官。-准了,说吧。
I'll get straight to the point because this is important, and that appears to be an ice cream cake. -Well, it's not! 我就开门见山了,因为事关重大,冰激凌蛋糕又耽搁不得。-这不是冰激凌的!
Okay. I present to you "Stop in the name of life." Kick it. 好吧。我向你们呈上《停车吧,以生命的名义》。开始播放。
Clive Bixby. Can I meet you at Harry's bar in two minutes? 克里夫·比克斯比。两分钟后在哈里酒吧见,好吗?
Baby, I can do anything in two minutes. 亲爱的,两分钟内我什么都能办到。
I'll just speed through the intersection of Greenleaf and Bristol. It's easy 'cause there's no stop sign. 我就要加速通过绿叶街和布雷斯托街之间的十字路口了。反正没有停车标志,超速无下限。
I love being a kid. I have my whole life ahead of me. 做小孩很快乐。青春年少书写大好前程。
No! No! No! 不要啊!不要啊!不要啊!(停止 疯狂超速行为)
Okay. Well...-Powerful. 够了。-这个太有说服力了。
And unconventional, but I believe it makes our point, so what do you say? 而且独树一帜,但也证明了我们的观点,你们意下如何?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d3j/470614.html