摩登家庭第五季 第16期:开学叮嘱(在线收听

 I hate to miss her first day,  我也不想错过她的开学日,

but do you mind taking Lily to school? 但你能送莉莉去学校吗?
Oh, Cam, today? I got to prep for my meeting with Charlie. 小卡,今天吗?我得准备跟查理的会面。
I only get him for an hour between his vacations in Aspen and Cabo. 我跟他只有一小时会谈时间,那还是趁着他在阿斯彭和卡波间的度假间隙。
Okay, you need to confront him  你得去当面跟他对质,
and tell him his pathetic little midlife crisis  告诉他,他那点无聊的中年危机会
is making it impossible for you to do your job. 让你无法完成你的工作。
Because he responds so well to criticism. 因为他是个谦逊接受批评的人吗。
No, he'll fire me,  不,他会炒了我,
and then we'll end up having to get married in your family's barn. Oh, 然后我们就不得不在你家的谷仓里举行婚礼。
well, we need to book that soon because spring is hoedown season,  我们得抓紧时间预定了,因为春天是方形舞季
and then you get right into summer stock,  接着又是夏季的剧团下乡演出,
so... I don't believe any of that. 所以......我才不相信你说的。
All right, if I'm gonna take Lily, I need to hurry.  好了,如果要由我送莉莉,我得快点。
Lily, sweetheart, let's get you dressed. 莉莉,甜心,快穿上衣服。
Hey, I've been dressed for an hour.  我衣服都穿好一小时了。
Come on, I can't be late. I'll fall behind. 快点,我可不能迟到。我会掉队的。
Sometimes I forget to factor in the Asian. 我有时总会忘记考虑她的亚洲人特性。
Buddy, I know a new school can be scary, so a little advice -  伙计,我知道新学校会有点令人恐惧,所以给你点小建议你,
Every time you meet someone new, pay them a compliment. 每碰到一个新朋友,就赞美对方几句。
Like, um, "I love your hair."  比如,“我喜欢你的头发”、
"Awesome kicks." "You have a beautiful smile." “腿法不错啊”、“你笑起来真美”。
Okay, dad, I'll tell that big guy over there that he's got a beautiful smile. 好了,老爸,我去跟那边那个大块头说他笑起来很美。
Fine. Skin, cheekbones, make it your own. 很好。皮肤啊,颧骨啊,随你怎么编。
Um, could you maybe not walk me all the way in? 你能不能别一路跟着我进去?
What? I've got it from here. 什么?从这里开始我自己走就行。
Oh. Sure. Yeah. Okay. Give your dad a - Off you go. Alex! 当然。好吧。跟你老爸抱……去吧。艾丽克斯!
Ay, Manny, why are you so quiet?  曼尼,你为什么这么安静?
Are you nervous because of your first day in high school? 因为高中开学第一天而紧张吗?
Mom, after spending a summer in Colombia, I'm a changed man. 老妈,在哥伦比亚待了一个夏天后,我已经脱胎换骨了。
Oh, my God, what did you see? ! 天呐,你看到了什么?!
Nothing, but I am an international jet-setter now.  没什么,但我现在是个乘过喷气飞机跨国旅行的阔少了。
I'm sophisticated. 我很高端大气上档次。
And you think that the girls are gonna pick up on this? 你觉得姑娘们会因为这个而注意你吗?
If not, I still have my "Unaccompanied minor" Sign. 如果不行,我还有个"无人照顾的儿童"的标志。
Ay, I cannot believe that my little baby's going to the high school. 我真不敢相信我的小宝贝都要上高中了。
Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me. 老妈,快住手。你这是让我出丑呢。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d5j/470785.html