《复仇》第26期:婆媳关系永远是头痛的话题(在线收听) |
Daniel mentioned that you were captain of an equestrian team in Barcelona. 丹尼尔说起过 你在巴塞罗那时是马术队的队长 Uh, yes, just for a semester. 是的 只做了一学期
Oh. When was that, exactly? 那确切是什么时候
2005.Why do you ask? 2005年 为什么问这个
I rode steeplechase when I was in boarding school at Montpelier. 我在蒙彼利埃上寄宿学校的时候 玩过障碍马赛
I'm curious what else we have in common.What are some of your other interests? 很好奇我们还有什么共同点 你还有什么其他爱好
History for one.I'm practically obsessed with it. 比如说历史 我特别着迷历史
Funny.At my yacht party, you were more concerned with current events it seemed. 有意思 在我的游艇派对上 你看上去对时事更感兴趣
Art conservation is another one of my passions.That's why I joined New York's landmark preservation society. 还有艺术品收藏也是我热衷的爱好之一 所以我加入了纽约地标建筑保护协会
My father always said that our past defines who we are. 我父亲总是说我们的过去造就了我们的现在
I would say our choices are what define us. 我会说 我们的选择造就了我们的现在
Maybe for the lucky,but sometimes in life, we're not always given a choice. 对幸运的人也许如此 但有时在现实生活中 我们别无选择
Emily?Hi. 艾米莉 嗨
Hi. What's going on? 嗨 怎么了
Well, your mother invited me over for tea. 你母亲请我过来喝茶
Daniel, for god sake, pull yourself together.You're a sweaty brute. 丹尼尔 看在上帝的份上 整理一下 你现在就像个满身臭汗的野蛮人
My apologies.Had I known my mother had summoned you,I'd have looked at least 50% less brutish. 抱歉 要是知道我母亲叫你过来 我的粗鲁形象起码要收敛一半
No, it's fine.I should get going, really.I have to work out some issues with my realtor.Things got a little aggressive...in our bidding war today. 没有 没关系 实际上我得走了 我得和我的房地产经纪人处理一些事 今天竞价战的形势不太乐观
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.Will you be on the hunt for a fallback rental,or are you headed back to the city? 很抱歉听到这个 你打算再找一栋房子租还是回城里去
Actually, as of this e-mail,I've just become the official new owner of the beach house. 事实上 这封邮件说 我刚刚正式成为那座海滨别墅的新主人
That's great news. Congratulations. 真是好消息 祝贺你
Thank you. 谢谢
Now how about I make good on that date and take you out to celebrate? 我兑现上次说好的约会带你出去庆祝一下 怎么样
That sounds great. How about tomorrow? 听上去棒极了 明天如何
Yeah, tomorrow's perfect. I know just the place.Come on. I'll walk you out. 明天没问题 我正好知道个好地方 来 我送你出去
Thank you so much for tea, Mrs. Grayson.I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this. 格雷森太太 非常感谢你的邀请 与你一起喝茶聊天 我非常开心
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d1j/471646.html |