《复仇》 第346期:独身过新年(在线收听

 Here I was, planning a lonely New Year's in the keys 我本打算与打字机相伴  独身过新年

when imagine my surprise, 却在最后一刻收到晚宴邀请
a last-minute invitation to the ball. 真令我欣喜若惊
Well, we're just so happy you could come celebrate with us. 很高兴你能前来  与我们同庆佳节
Aww. I'm happy, too, though I would be happier 我也很开心  如果我房间能有个烟灰缸
if my room had an ashtray. 就更完美了
I thought you were going to be staying at your cottage. 我以为你会留在你的小木屋
I would had I ever thought to have it winterized. 是啊  我甚至考虑给房子装套取暖设备
Ah, well, young lady. 小姐
Young lady. 小姐
Could you please see to it that Mr. Treadwell has an astray? 请你帮特德韦尔先生找个烟灰缸
And find him a place to smoke outside. 并带他到外面去抽烟好吗
Leo Treadwell? 尼欧·特德韦尔
How'd you like to help me rescue your father? 你愿意帮我救你爸爸吗
I don't think he did it. 我觉得他是清白的
A fan, I assume? 你是我的读者吧
Your biggest. 忠实粉丝
So how have you been, Victoria? 最近过得如何  维多利亚
I imagine that David Clarke's death this year 今年大卫·克拉克遇害
came as quite a shock. 你一定大为震惊
Though on the plus side, 对我而言  倒是意外的收获
for me, his demise 他意外身亡
has rekindled the public's appetite for his story. 重新燃起读者对他故事的兴趣
Don't tell me you're writing another book. 别告诉我  你要再写一本书
Already hard at work digging up new material. 已经开始着手  挖掘新素材了
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d1j/472388.html