《复仇》 第374期:狡猾的维多利亚(在线收听

 You did this, didn't you? 是你告发的  对吧

Well, let's just say, I got the ball rolling. 这么说吧  是我起的头
And I had the good fortune to secure myself immunity 而我运气好到可以用合作来换取
in exchange for my cooperation. 我的豁免权
And as your friend, 作为你的朋友
I've asked them to grant you the same courtesy. 我请求他们也给你同样的恩惠
I couldn't help but notice the de Kooning 我上次来这不禁注意到了
the last time I was here. 这幅德·库宁的画作
Conrad had it relocated from his office. 康拉德让人把它从办公室搬来的
He said it was the most important piece in his collection. 他说这是他收藏品中最重要的一幅
It isn't worth the canvas it's painted on, 这画还不如画布本身价值高
and he knows it. 他也知道的
I don't understand. 我不明白
It's a forgery. 这画是赝品
I know because I had it commissioned, 我之所以知道是因为这是我让人画的
and I passed it off on him. 然后再冒充真品卖给他
That's how we met. 我们就是这样认识的
The question is... 问题是
Why would Conrad hold on to something 康拉德怎么会抓住一件
that he knows has little value whatsoever? 无论怎么看都毫无价值的东西不放呢
Other than you, of course. 当然  除了你
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d1j/472521.html