《复仇》第12集 第20期:故意隐瞒(在线收听

 I thought the world was ending. 那简直是世界末日

My father's camera store was looted, 我父亲的相机店被人洗劫一空  
burned to the ground. 然后被大火夷为平地
Really? 是吗
You know,my father helped to rehabilitate that whole borough. 我父亲援助了整个区的灾后重建工作
You were probably one of the kids who inspired him. 说不定你就是那时触动他的孩子之一
Well,then I have a personal obligation to repay him. 那我就更有义务要回报他了
I'd like to raise my offer if you'll consider it. 要是你考虑卖给我  我愿意再加价
Well,as moving as your story about the blackout is, 虽然你的大停电故事很感人
Ms. Carlisle wishes to uphold her father's mantle, 不过卡莱尔小姐希望维护他父亲的理念
not destroy it. 而不是破坏它
Perhaps you'd like to explain to her how you colluded 也许你能向她解释一下9·11事件以后
to inflate gas and oil prices after 9/11? 你是怎么串谋抬高天然气和石油价格的
I was never involved in those transactions. 我从没参与过那些肮脏交易
But your subsidiaries were. 但你的下属公司参与了
In my short time as C. E. O. 虽然我任职总裁的时间很短
I've learned I'm not only accountable for my own actions, 但我知道我不仅要为自己的行为负责
but for those of everyone working under me. 也要为手下所有员工的行为负责
Why is none of this public record? 为什么这些信息都没公开
Well, because the lawsuits were all settled and buried. 因为那些诉讼都私下和解后被故意隐瞒了
That's a fine allegation coming from a Grayson. 这只是格雷森家的一面之词
Oh, don't confuse my record with my father's. All right? 别把我的报告和我父亲的混为一谈  行吗
Listen, Donna, I never knew your father, but I assume 唐娜  我不认识你父亲  但我想
he'd be greatly disappointed if one of the children he helped 要是他知道他帮助过的孩子正在破坏
now helps to destroy what he created. 他辛苦创造的一切  他一定会很失望
Yes, he would be... 是的  他会
As am I. 我也一样
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d2j/473429.html