TED演讲:火星现在是什么时间(1)(在线收听) |
So many of you have probably seen the movie "The Martian." 我估计在座很多人都看过“火星救援”这部电影。 But for those of you who did not, it's a movie about an astronaut who is stranded on Mars, 对于没看过的人来说,这是一部关于一名宇航员被困在火星,
and his efforts to stay alive until the Earth can send a rescue mission to bring him back to Earth. 努力求生,直到地球派出了一个救援小队把他带回地球的电影。
Gladly, they do re-establish communication with the character, astronaut Watney, 幸运的是,他们与主角沃特尼重新取得了联系,
at some point so that he's not as alone on Mars until he can be rescued. 在某些方面来说,直到获救前,他在火星上还不算太孤独。
So while you're watching the movie, or even if you haven't, 当你在看电影的时候,即便你没看过,
when you think about Mars, you're probably thinking about how far away it is and how distant. 当你想像火星的时候,你可能会思考它距离我们有多远。
And, what might not have occurred to you is, 不过,你可能不会去想
what are the logistics really like of working on another planet of living on two planets 工作或是生活在另一个星球,后勤是如何得到保障的,
when there are people on the Earth and there are rovers or people on Mars? 毕竟有一部分人在地球,还有一部分漫游者或是人类在火星。
So think about when you have friends, families and co-workers in California, on the West Coast or in other parts of the world. 可以这么想象,当你的朋友,家人还有同事在西海岸的加利福尼亚,或是世界上其他一些地方。
When you're trying to communicate with them, one of the things you probably first think about is: 当你尝试去联系他们,你可能想的第一件事是:
wait, what time is it in California? Will I wake them up? Is it OK to call? 等会,现在是加利福尼亚几点?我会不会打扰他们?现在能不能打电话?
So even if you're interacting with colleagues who are in Europe, you're immediately thinking about: 即便你联系在欧洲的同事,你也直接会想到:
What does it take to coordinate communication when people are far away? 怎样才能顺利的进行远距离沟通?
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/474923.html |