《童话镇》第80期:谢谢你的美言(在线收听

 What is that? 那是什么玩意

Oh, this is lanolin. Used for waterproofing. 这是羊毛脂  用来防水的
It smells like livestock. 闻着像牲畜的味道
Well, it is the reason why sheeps' wool repels water. 这正是羊毛能防水的原因
It stinks. 太臭了
Um, if there was a reason you called the sheriff's department, 你打电话到警局有什么事吧
if you want to talk about that quickly or outside... Yes. 你想简单说下还是去外面详谈  是的
I just wanted to, uh, express my condolences, really. 我只是想表达下哀悼之情  真的
The sheriff was a good man. 警长是个好人
You're still wearing the deputy's badge. 你还带着副警长的警徽啊
Well, he's been gone two weeks now. 他已经去世两周了
And I believe that after two weeks of acting as sheriff, 我相信在你承担警长的职责两周之久后
the job becomes yours. 这个职位肯定会是你的
You'll have to wear the real badge. 你会有一个真正的警徽
Yeah, I guess. 也许吧
I'm just not in a hurry. 我只是不想那么快
So, um, thank you for the kind words. 谢谢你的美言
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/thz/476219.html