《童话镇》第105期:孤独的孩子(在线收听) |
Did you try his friends? He doesn't really have any. 问过他的朋友吗? 他没多少朋友 He's kind of a loner. 挺孤僻的
Every kid has friends. Did you check his computer? 小孩都有朋友 你查过他的电脑吗?
If he's close to someone,he'd be e-mailing them. 要是他跟别人走得近 他们会通邮件
And you know this how? 你怎么知道?
Finding people is what I do. Here's an idea. 找人就是我的工作 我有个主意
How about you guys let me out,and I'll help you find him? 你们放我出去 我帮你们找 如何?
Smart kid. He cleared his in-box. 聪明小鬼 他清空了收件箱
I'm smart,too.A little hard disk recovery utility I like to use. 我也不笨 我可以用硬盘还原工具
I'm a bit more old-fashioned in my techniques 我干起活儿来比较老套 比如
pounding the pavement,knocking on doors,that sort of thing. 找人支持啦 四处求人啦什么的
You're on salary.I get paid for delivery. 你可是拿月薪的 而我是做一件拿一件
Pounding the pavement is not a luxury that I get. 一切都得靠自己
There's a receipt for a web site whosyourmomma.Org. 这有条来自Whosyourmomma.org的收据
It's expensive. He has a credit card? 金额挺高 他有信用卡吗?
He's 10. 他才10岁
Well,he used one. 但他用了一张信用卡
Let's pull up a transaction record. 找找交易记录
"Mary Margaret Blanchard." "Mary Margaret Blanchard"
Who's Mary Margaret Blanchard? 谁是Mary Margaret Blanchard?
Henry's teacher. Henry的老师
As we build our birdhouses,remember, 我们做鸟巢时 要记住
what you're making is a home,not a cage. 我们做的是个家 而不是个笼子
The bird is free and will do what it will. 小鸟是自由的 想干嘛就干嘛
This is for them,not us. 这是给它们的 不是给我们的
They're loyal creatures. 它们是很忠心的
If you love them and they love you,they will always find you. 如果你们相互友爱 它们会找到你的
We'll pick this up after recess. No running. 休息完我们继续 别跑
Why,thank you. 谢谢
Ms. mills,what are you doing here? Mills 女士 你来这干嘛?
Where's my son? 我儿子在哪?
Henry? I assumed he was home sick with you. Henry? 我以为他想妈妈了
You think I'd be here if he was? 他要是想我 我还会来这吗?
Did you give him your credit card so he can find her? 你是不是给他信用卡来找妈妈?
I'm sorry. Who are you? 抱歉 你是谁?
I'm his... I'm his... 我是他的...我是他的...
The woman who gave him up for adoption. 生了他又不要他的女人
You don't know anything about this,do you? 这事你毫不知情 是吧?
No,unfortunately not. 不 真不巧 不知道
Clever boy. 鬼马精
I should never have given him that book. 真不该把那本书给他
What in the hell is this book I keep hearing about? 你们一直在说的到底是什么书?
Just some old stories I gave him. 就是些老故事
As you well know,Henry is a special boy 你肯定知道 Henry是个特别的小孩
so smart,so creative,and as you might be aware... 很聪明 很有创造力 或许你也意识到了...
Lonely. 他很孤独
He needed it. What he needs is a dose of reality. 他需要那本书 他需要的是现实生活
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/thz/476245.html |