英语PK台 第1016期:跟《老友记》学美语(42)(在线收听

 

地点:莫妮卡公寓

人物:钱德勒,菲比,瑞秋,罗斯,莫妮卡

事件:除了钱德勒和乔伊,大家都在忙碌地准备着感恩节,并决定今年采用抽签方式送礼物。

剧情片段

Chandler: Ugh, turkey! Ugh, giving thanks! Ugh!1

钱德勒:(从门外进来,失落地说)啊,火鸡!啊,感恩!啊!

Phoebe: Look everyone, it’s the spirit of Thanksgiving①!

菲比:看啊,这正是感恩节的真谛。

Rachel: So are things with you and Joey any better?

瑞秋:你和乔伊关系缓和点儿了吗?

Chandler: They couldn’t be worse. I spent eight hours calling② him last night, just trying to get him to talk to me.

钱德勒:糟糕透了。昨晚我给他打了8个小时的电话,只为了他能和我说句话。

Rachel: Oh wow, eight hours? So you could probably really use one of those plug-in telephone headsets huh?

瑞秋:哦,喔,8个小时?那你一定用的着那种配在电话上的小耳机,对吧?

Ross: Should we all expect Christmas gifts that can be stolen from your office?2

罗斯:你的意思是说,给我们所有人的圣诞礼物都会是从你们办公室里偷来的,是吧?

Rachel: You shouldn’t.

瑞秋:(被罗斯说中,厌恶地看着他)没你的份。

Phoebe: Speaking of③ Christmas, umm, since Monica and I are starting a new business and have like no money④, umm, this year maybe we could do Secret Santa⑤, and then we each only buy one gift. 3And–and there’s the added mystery of, you know, who gets who.

菲比:说到圣诞节,嗯,莫妮卡和我刚开始新的生意,没什么钱,嗯,所以我们今年可以来个神密的圣诞,每人就买一个礼物。这样还多了一分神秘感,看谁送给谁。

Ross: Who gets whom⑥. I don’t know why I do that. But it’s correct.

罗斯:谁送给谁。(大家都盯着罗斯)我不是故意这么说的。不过这样语法才对嘛。

Monica: Hey, what’s this? It’s all of your names. Let’s pick.

莫妮卡:(兴奋地从围裙的口袋中掏出一些纸)嘿,看这是什么?我们所有人的名字!我们来抽签吧!

Thanksgiving为“感恩节”,是美国和加拿大共有的节日,由美国人民独创,原意是为了感谢上天赐予的好收成。在美国,自1941年起,感恩节是在每年11月的第四个星期四,在这一天,成千上万的人们不管多忙,都要和自己的家人团聚。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/487416.html