美国语文第六册 第207期:江湖庸医(1)(在线收听

SCENE — The Inn. Enter HOSTESS followed by LAMPEDO, a Quack Doctor.

幕启——小旅店。女店主在蓝裴多后上场,一位江湖庸医。

Hostess says: Nay, nay; another fortnight.

女店主说:不,不;得两个星期。

Lampedo says: It can't be. The man's as well as I am: have some mercy!

蓝裴多说:那可不行。这人还有我,发发慈悲吧!

He hath been here almost three weeks already.

他来这儿已经三个星期了。

Well, then, a week. We may detain him a week.

哦,还有一个星期。我们也许得耽搁他一星期。

(Enter BALTHAZAR, the patient, from behind, in his nightgown, with a drawn sword.)

(患者巴尔萨扎尔从后场上,穿着睡衣,拿着一把刀。)

You talk now like a reasonable hostess, That sometimes has a reckoning with her conscience.

你现在说的话真像一位通情达理的女店主,有时候得凭良心。

He still believes he has an inward bruise.

他还以为自己有内伤呢。

I would to heaven he had! or that he'd slipped His shoulder blade, or broke a leg or two,

蓝裴多我祈祷上帝但愿他有!不然他就跑了。他肩膀有刀伤,或者折了一条或两条腿,

(Not that I bear his person any malice,) Or luxed an arm, or even sprained his ankle! Ay, broken anything except his neck.

(我说这话可没有什么恶意。)或者胳膊脱臼,甚至脚踝扭伤!除了脖子外,伤到哪儿都可以。

However, for a week I'll manage him, Though he had the constitution of a horse — A farrier should prescribe for him.

当然,我有一个星期时间可以设法对付他呢。尽管他是一匹体格健壮的马,可是一副马蹄铁总适合他的。

Balthazar says( Aside. ): A farrier! To-morrow, we phlebotomize again; Next day, my new-invented patent draught;

巴尔萨扎尔说(站到一边):马蹄铁!明天,我们再抽血;后天,用我新发明的专利;

Then, I have some pills prepared; On Thursday, we throw in the bark; on Friday— (Balthazar Coming forward.)

然后,我会给你开一些药片的。星期四,我们附带用树皮;星期五——巴尔萨扎尔(到前场)

Well, sir, on Friday — what, on Friday? Come, Proceed.

哦,先生,星期五——星期五怎么?请说明白。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d6c/487707.html