美国语文第六册 第208期:江湖庸医(2)(在线收听

Discovered! Mercy, noble sir! We crave your mercy!) They fall on their knees.

发现的!他们(女店主和蓝裴多)跪下来。求求你了,尊贵的先生!我们求你发发慈悲!

On your knees? 't is well! Pray! for your time is short.

跪下?这很好!还是求上帝保佑吧!因为你们的时间不多了。

Nay, do not kill us.

不,别要我们的命。

You have been tried, condemned, and only wait For execution. Which shall I begin with?

你们一直在尝试,该死的,现在只有等着执行。从谁开始?

The lady, by all means, sir.

当然是女士了,先生。

Come, prepare. ( To the hostess.) Have pity by the weakness of my sex!

来吧,做好准备。(转向女店主)还是可怜一下柔弱的女性吧!

Tell me, thou quaking mountain of gross flesh, Tell me, and in a breath, how many poisons—

告诉我,你这个能令高山都发抖的女人。告诉我,一共有多少人中毒——

( To LAMPEDO, who is making off) If you attempt it — you have cooked up for me?

(转向蓝裴多,此时他正要匆匆逃掉)如果你打算——怎么编瞎话骗我啊?

None, as I hope for mercy!

哪敢啊,我希望得到宽恕!

Is not thy wine a poison?

你这儿的葡萄酒难道不是毒药吗?

No indeed, sir; 'T is not, I own, of the first quality; But— What?

确实不是,先生。我敢保证不是,是品质最好的葡萄酒;不过——不过什么?

I always give short measure, sir, And ease my conscience that way.

我一直缺斤短两来着,先生,这样我的良心能好受些。

Ease your conscience! I'll ease your conscience for you. Mercy, sir!

能让你的良心好受些!我会让你的良心好受些的。饶了我吧,先生!

Rise, if thou canst, and hear me. Your commands, sir?

你站起来,听我说。这是你的命令吗,先生?

If, in five minutes, all things are prepared For my departure, you may yet survive.

如果在五分钟内都准备好的话,我离开时你会活下来的。

It shall be done in less. Away, thou lumpfish. ( Exit hostess.)

用不了五分钟。滚吧,你这个蠢婆娘。(女店主下场)

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d6c/487708.html