《凯莉日记》第5期: 曼哈顿?不是吧?(在线收听

Thanks for keeping an eye on her.

谢谢你替我看着她

Of course, Mr. Bradshaw.

没事 布莱肖先生

I better head back in.

我最好回去了

Oh. I'll call you later. - Okay.Bye.

我之后再打给你 -好的 拜

I'm taking you home.

我带你回家

Dad, I'm fine.

爸 我没事

You fainted. - I just got scared when I saw you. You know, the last time you were here...

你都昏倒了 -我只是看到你很害怕.上次你来这儿的时候

Yeah. Yeah, I'm sorry. I should've-- I should've told you I was coming in to meet with your guidance counselor.

对了 抱歉 我本该... 我本该告诉你 我是来见你的辅导老师的

Yeah, you should have, and I don't need some shrink talking about how screwed up I am.

你是该先告诉我 还有我不需要找心理治疗师来告诉我我的状况有多糟

That's not what we were talking about.

我们聊的不是这个

Then what? - You've been through a lot, and we thought maybe it might be a good idea

那聊什么了 -你最近经历了太多,我们想让你换个步调 换个环境

if you had a change of pace, a change of scenery. You're shipping me off to a loony bin.

也许是个好主意 你要把我送到疯人院去

Some would call it that... or call me crazy for agreeing to this, but what about an internship?

是有人会这么叫它 或者说我同意这样是有点疯狂,但是去做实习生如何

One day a week, for school credit, of course.

每周一天 当然是有学分的

Like, work in an office? Where?

就像在办公室里上班吗?在哪?

My friend's law firm in Manhattan.

我朋友在曼哈顿的律所

Manhattan? No way! Aah! No way! What would I be doing? Do--do I need to type? Because I'm not very good at that.

曼哈顿 不是吧 不是吧 要我做什么呢 需要我打字吗 因为我不太擅长打字

I just--I can't believe it. I-I can't believe it.

难以置信 真不敢相信

Okay, I guess--I guess you really are feeling okay.

我想你现在确实感觉好多了

Now, look, I know this all sounds really cool, right? - Yeah.

我知道这听起来很酷 对吗 -是啊

But it's also a lot of responsibility.

但也要承担很多责任

New york is an intense place, and you're gonna have to prove to me that you can handle it.

纽约的氛围很紧张 你要向我证明 你应付得来

I will. I promise. I'll be a total professional. Will I need a briefcase?

我会的 我保证 我会成为专业人士 我需要公文包吗

Dorrit. I start my job tomorrow. Can I have the purse back?

多莉特 我明天开始上班 我能要回手提包吗

I know you have it. - You mean your lame internship?

我知道你拿了 -你是说逊毙了的实习生工作吗

Like I care.

关我屁事

Please, can I have mom's purse back?

拜托 我能要回妈妈的手提包吗

Maybe you lost it.

也许你自己弄丢了

You won't mind if I look around.

那你不会介意我四处找找吧

Get away from my stuff.

离我的东西远点

You're such a klepto.

你简直是个偷窃狂

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/klrjjj/490475.html