交通英语口语 列车之旅(在线收听

A:Pardon me.Where do I buy a ticket?

请问什么地方买到车票?

B:Where are you going?

你要去哪里?

A:To New York.

去纽约。

B:I think window 6 has New York tickets.

我想6号窗口有卖去纽约的票。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

A:Give me a ticket to New York,please.

请给我一张去纽约的车票。

B:One_way or round_trip?

单程还是往返?

A:One_way,please.

单程。

B:Pullman or coach?

卧铺车还是普通客车?

A:I'm sorry I don't understand.

抱歉我不清楚。

B:A Pullman is a sleeping car and a coach is a sitting car.

卧铺车是可睡觉的车厢,而普通客车是有座位车厢。

A:A Pullman ticket,please.

卧铺车车票。

B:Do you want a berth or a compartment?

你要卧铺还是小客室?

A:Give me a berth,please.

请给我卧铺。

B:Upper or lower?

上铺还是下铺?

A:Upper,please.

上铺。

B:That'll be $230.00,please.

总共230美元。

A:Will I have to change trains?

我要换车吗?

B:No.This train goes straight through to New York.

不,这班火车直达纽约。

A:Porter!I'd like to check this large suitcase through to New York.

搬运工!我要托运这个大行李到纽约。

B:Yes,sir.I'll need your car and berth number.

是的,先生,请给我你的车名和卧铺号码。

A:It's the Western Clipper for New York;car 7,berth 12.

是“Western Clipper”往纽约,第7车12卧铺。

B:I'll take care of it right away,sir.

我马上办理,先生。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

Do you have a timetable?

你有时刻表吗?

I'd like to check the departure time of the trains.

我想查一下这班火车的出发时间。

Is this train leaving at 9:07 a sleeper?

这班火车是9点7分出发的卧辅车吗?

Is there a lounge car(dining car)on that train?

那班火车有特别车厢(餐车)吗?

Give me one Pullman ticket to Chicago,please.

请给我一张往芝加哥的卧铺票。

I'd like to reserve a berth(seat)on that train.

我要预订那班火车的一张卧铺(座位)票。

I Prefer a lower berth.

我要下铺。

Can I cancel this ticket?

我可以退票吗?

I want to change this ticket to a Pullman ticket.

这张票我要换成卧铺票。

What time does this train arrive in Chicago?

这班火车什么时候到芝加哥?

Which train goes to Washington?

哪一班火车去华盛顿?

What platform does the limited express for Los Angeles depart from?

往洛杉矶在特快车在哪个站台?

Where do I transfer to get to Washington?

我要在哪里换车去华盛顿?

Can I stop over in Chicago?

我可以在芝加哥中途下车吗?

ticket window

售票窗口

Pullman

卧铺车

coach

普通客车

upper berth

上铺

lower berth

下铺

compartment

小客室

one_way ticket

单程车票

round_trip ticket

往返车票

return ticket

回程车票

time table

时刻表

transfer

换车

express

快车

limited express

特快车

local train

各站都停车的普快客车

entrance

入口

platform

站台

exit;way out

出口

waiting lounge

候车室

baggage room

行李房

redcap,porter

搬运工

A:My compartment is number 8,porter.

搬运工,我的小客室号码是8号。

B:Number 8 is this way,sir.

8号往这边走,先生。

B:Here you are.

到了。

A:Thanks.By the way,could you tell me what time we get to Los Angeles?

谢谢。另外,请告诉我什么时候到达洛杉矶?

B:We get in at nine in the morning.

上午9点会到。

A:All right.Is the dining car open?

好的,餐车还在营业吗?

B:It opens as soon as the train starts.

火车一出发就开始营业。

A:Fine.Which way is it?

好的,要往哪边走?

B:Is two cars forward.

前面两节车厢。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

A:Ticket,please.

请给我车票。

B:Certainly.

当然。

B:What time do we get into Washington?

我们什么时候到华盛顿?

A:At 4:30.

4点30分。

B:Do we make any stops before then?

到目的地之前我们会停靠车站吗?

A:Yes,we make one stopover in Philadelphia.

是的,我们在费城停一次。

A:May I see your ticket,please?

请让我看看你的车票好吗?

B:Sorry,I didn't get it at the station.I'm going to Philadelphia.

抱歉,我没买,我要去费城。

A:All right.That's $27.40,please.

好的,27.4美元。

B:Here you are.What time do we arrive?

请收好,我们什么时候到达?

A:The train pulls into Philadelphia at 11:07.Here's your change.

这班火车11点7分到达费城,这是找你的钱。

B:Thank you.

谢谢你。

I'm looking for seat 10A.

我在找10A的座位。

Is this seat taken?

这座位有人坐吗?

Is there a dining car(lounge car)on this train?

这班火车上有餐车(特别车厢)吗?

Where's the lavatory?

厕所在哪里?

How long does the train stop here?

火车在此地停多久?

How long do we stop at Chicago?

我们在芝加哥停多久?

Is this train on time?

这班火车准时吗?

How late are we ?

我们晚点了多久?

Does this train pass through Carson City?

这班火车经过卡逊市吗?

How soon do we arrive in Boston?

我们多久到达波士顿?

Could I change to a sleeper,please?

我可换到卧铺车厢吗?

May I smoke here?

我可以在这里抽烟吗?

Where's the smoking car?

吸烟室在哪里?

I lost my ticket.Could you issue me another?

我的车票丢了,你能再补发一张吗?

conductor

列车长

dining car

餐车

snack car

点心车

vista_dome car

屋顶僚望车厢

smoking car

吸烟室

rest room;lavatory

A:Pardon me.Which way is the dining car?

请问去餐车往哪一边走?

B:It's two cars forward,sir.

它就在两节车厢前,先生。

A:What time do they serve dinner?

晚餐什么时候供应?

B:From five to seven.

从5点到7点。

A:I see.Do they serve cocktails there?

我明白了,他们供应鸡尾酒吗?

B:No.You'll have to go to the lounge car for a cocktail.That's the car behind this one.

不,你得去特别客车喝鸡尾酒,在后一节车厢。

A:Yes,sir.What'll it be?

是的,先生,要点什么?

B:I'll have a Martini,very dry.Do I pay now or later?

我要干马丁尼,我现在付钱还是等一下?

A:You can pay when I bring it.

我上酒的时候你可以付。

A:Will you be dining alone,sir?

你一个人用晚餐吗,先生?

B:Yes,I will.

是的。

A:Please come this way.

请随我来。

A:Here's the dining menu,sir.

这是晚餐菜单,先生。

B:I'll have dinner"A".I'll have the consomme soup and the steak,well done.

我点A餐。我要清炖肉汤和牛排,全熟的。

A:Yes,sir.You have a choice of vegetables.

是的,先生,你可以选择蔬菜。

B:I see.I'll have the French fried potatoes and string beans.

我知道。我要炸薯条和菜豆。

A:Thank you,sir.I'll take your dessert order later.

谢谢你,先生。我稍候再接受你点甜点。

A:Pardon me.When will we be arriving in Philadelphia?

请问我们什么时候到达费城?

B:In fifteen minutes.The train will arrive at 11:23.The platform is on left side.

15分钟后,这班火车11点23分到达,站台在左边。

A:Is there a taxi stand nearby?

这附近有没有了租车停靠站?

B:Yes.Just tell the redcap you want a taxi.

是的,只要告诉搬运工你要叫辆出租车。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

B.Where's the baggage room?

行李房在哪里?

A:Pardon me.Where's the baggage room?

请问行李房在哪里?

B:Go down the escalator and follow the signs.

走下电扶梯随着标示走。

A:Thank you.

谢谢你。

B:Do you have your baggage stubs ready?

你准备好行李牌了吗?

A:Yes,I do.

是的。

C.Requesting the Baggage

取行李

A:May I see your baggage stub,please?

请给我你的行李牌好吗?

B:Here you are.It's a large brown suitcase.

在这儿。是个棕色大皮箱。

A:Where did you check it ?

你在什么地方托运的?

B:I see it through from Seattle.That's it,over there.

我要西雅图托运。就是那一个,在那里。

A:Here you are.The redcap will carry it for you.

在这,搬运工会帮你拿。

B:Thank you.

谢谢你。

C:Redcap,ma'am?

我是搬运工,夫人有什么事要我服务的?

B:Oh,yes.I want a taxi.

哦,是的,我要叫辆出租车。

C:OK.Just follow me.

好的,跟我来。

ticket

车票

baggage check(stub,claim)

行李牌

platform

站台

waiting room;lounge

候车室

exit;way out

出口

redcap

搬运工

taxi stand

出租车停靠站

baggage room

行李房

A:I'd like some information about renting a car.

我相了解一下有关租车的事宜。

B:Yes,sir.I'll be happy to answer your questions.

好的,先生。我很乐意回答你的问题。

A:What do you charge for car rentals?

租车费用你们怎么计算?

B:Our rates are $10.00 a day and 10 cents a mile.

我们的租费一天10美元,每英里10美分钱。

A:I see.Do I have to return the car to this agency?

我明白了,我必须把车还到这家店吗?

B:No,sir.We have offices all over the U.S.You can rent the car here,and turn it in at any of our office.

不,先生,我们在美国各地都有营业处,你可以在此租车,在其他任何一个营业处还车。

A:All right.Just one more question.How do I pay?

好的,还有一个问题,我怎么付款?

B:We require a $10.00 deposit now.Then we record the present mileage on the car you rent.

先付10美元保证金,然后我们会记录你所租的车的目前里程。

When you turn the car in,the deposit is deducted from the bill.

当你还车时,保证金会从账单中扣除。

A:That sounds reasonable.I'd like to rent a compact,preferably a VW.

听起来挺合理的,我要租一辆小型车,最好是VW的。

B:Yes,sir.We need to see your driver's license.You have an international license,don't you?

好的,先生,我们要看看你的驾照,你持有国际驾照吧?

A:Yes,I do.

是的,我有。

B:Fine.Then if you'll fill in this card,I'll get the keys,and we'll take you to your car.

好的,请你填好这张卡片,我去拿钥匙,就可以带你去取车了。

Useful Expression

常用语句

I'd like to rent a car tomorrow.

我明天要租一辆车。

Where can I rent a car?

在哪里我可以租到车?

How much does it cost to rent a car?

租一辆车要多少钱?

What are your daily rates?

每天的租金多少?

Is there a deposit?

要保证金吗?

I'd like to rent an economy car.

我要租一辆省油车。

That'll be just right.

那正好。

I prefer a compact car.

我较喜欢小型车。

Fill it up,please...Regular.

请加满,普通汽油。

Ten dollars' worth,please.

共10美元。

Five dollars' worth of regular,please.

请加5美元的普通汽油。

Ten dollar's worth of High Octane,please.

请加10美元的高辛烷汽油。

A quart of oil,please.

请加一夸脱机油。

Would you clean the rear(front)windshield,please?

请擦拭一下后(前)方挡风玻璃好吗?

I need some air in my front left tire.

我的前左轮要打点儿气。

I think these tires need some air.

我想这些轮胎要打点儿气。

How far is the next gas station?

下一个加油站有多远?

road map

道路地图

highway

公路

freeway;expressway

高速公路

route

路线

interstate highway

州内公路

bypass

迂回路,旁路

underpass

地下通道

detour

临时迂回路

turnpike;toll road

收费道路

toll gate;tollbooth

收费站

circle

圆环

left lane

左线道

right lane

右线道

gas station

加油站

attendant

乘客

trailer truck

小型拖车

ambulance

急救车

sports car

跑车

sedan

轿车

sports coupe

双座跑车

station wagon

旅行车

oil truck

油罐车

van

有蓬卡车

rearview mirror

后视镜

headlight

头灯

taillight;tail lamp

方向灯

bumper

保险灯

car radio

汽车用收音机

antenna;aerial

天线

dashboard

仪表板

fuel(gas)gauge

燃料表

ignition

点火

choke

阻风

speedometer

速度计

steering wheel

方向盘

accelerator

油门

hand(emergency)brake

手刹车

clutch

离合器

gear

齿轮

brake

刹车

seat

座位

seat belt;safety belt

安全带

hood

引擎盖

grille

水箱前格子窗

license plate

牌照

hubcap

轮盖

engine

引擎

battery

电瓶

radiator

冷却器

distributor

配电器

spark plug

火花塞

cylinder head

汽缸盖

drive-in restaurant

连车驾驶进去的餐馆

roadside picnic area

路旁野餐区

observation area

撩望台

motel;motor inn

汽车旅馆

traffic ticket

交通违规单

highway patrol

交通警察

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jtyyky/504097.html