纸牌屋第四季 第4集:政治影响力(在线收听

Less than 20% are comfortable

不到20%的人愿意看到

with a president and a vice president being related in any way.

总统和副总统有任何亲属关系

Less than 10% approve of someone who's never held elected office.

不到10%的人支持从未当选过公职的人

But if we can move the needle...

但如果我们能扭转局面呢

Forty points?

提升40个百分点吗

It's how we frame it.

要看我们怎么说

Her favorables are decent. They're better than mine.

她的支持率不错,比我还高

In a void, but when it comes to her time as the UN ambassador,

是对人不对事,就她作为联合国大使而言

they fall off a cliff.

支持率就猛跌了

Performance and experience are big factors.

表现和经验是重要因素

Then we have to amplify her strengths, not her weaknesses.

那我们得强调她的优点而非软肋

We're looking for a VP who's an asset.

我们需要一个有价值的副总统

This research proves she isn't.

而这项研究表明她不是

Your job is not to dissuade me, but to figure out how we sell it.

你的工作不是劝我放弃,而是想办法说服大家

Sir, there are so many people to choose from.

先生,可选的人很多

If the goal is to win,

如果目标是获选

and we're bending over backwards Seth.

我们在不遗余力, 赛斯

The president asked us to develop a plan,

总统要我们制定计划

so that's what we'll do.

那我们就制定计划

I'll meet you in my office.

去我办公室等我

You know he's right. Well, of course he's right.

您知道他是对的, 当然了

Maybe we offer something else.

或许我们可以给她点别的

She won't listen.

她不会听的

What about LeAnn?

莉安呢

Yes, I was thinking that, too.

我也在考虑那个

Question is how to coopt her.

问题是怎么让她配合

She likes paychecks.

她喜欢支票

No, it's gotta be more than money. She wants coattails.

不,光钱不行,她想要政治影响力

We swap Claire's for mine.

我跟克莱尔交换

Campaign manager? We could use some fresh blood.

竞选经理吗, 我们需要新鲜血液

That I agree with, but LeAnn?

这我同意,但莉安

I mean, there's no guarantee that we can control her.

没法保证我们能控制她

Yeah, but if she can convince Claire to change her mind,

但如果她能说服克莱尔改主意

that's all I need.

那对我就足够了

Yes.

They're ready for you in the Situation Room, sir.

战况室都等您了,先生

I'll be right there.

我就过去

You could work with her if you had to.

如果有必要你可以跟她合作

I don't have to like her to work with her.

我不非得喜欢她才能跟她合作

Good, make the call. You still want Seth on the plan?

很好,打电话吧, 您还想让赛斯知情吗

Yes, until LeAnn's on board. Do I have to worry about him?

是的,直到莉安同意,我需要担心他吗

We dug pretty deep. Nothing in his emails or phone records.

我们挖得很深,他的电邮和手机记录里没查到

He's smart enough to cover his tracks.

他聪明,知道掩盖踪迹

I'll talk to him.

我去跟他谈谈

What do you think of this painting? I'm not sure.

你觉得这幅画如何, 我不知道

Walker and I sat here one night, stared up at a painting,

沃克和我有一晚曾坐在这里,盯着这幅画看

the blue one that's in the Oval now.

现在挂在总统办公室的那副蓝色的

They replaced it with this.

他们换上了这副

That's not the American flag.

那不是美国国旗

No, it's the rebel flag...

不,是南军的旗

sinking into oblivion.

沉入虚无

Is that a lightning bolt?

那是闪电吗

Oh, I assume...

我以为是的...

Unless it's just a bad attempt at making the ship a unicorn.

除非是想把船画成独角兽还没画好

Do you see that?

你看出来了吗

Colors are nice.

色彩不错

I hate it.

我真不喜欢

I guess I hate it, too.

那我也不喜欢

I suppose it's not a good idea to have

我想在白宫

the Confederate flag hanging here in the White House

挂联邦旗大概不是个好主意

after everything that's happened in South Carolina.

尤其经历了南卡的事

Even if it is sinking.

虽然它是在下沉

What do you think we should put up?

你觉得我们该挂什么

I don't know. Something you like better.

我不知道,您更喜欢的东西

Do you have that marker I sign things with?

你带那支我签字的马克笔了吗

Put your hand up on the wall.

把你的手放在墙上

Sir? Put it on the wall.

先生, 放在墙上

Spread your fingers a little bit.

手指伸开一点

Wait. Okay.

等等,好了

Yeah... That's enough fun for today.

嗯,今天玩到这儿吧

Doug, I don't know how to do what he's asking me to do.

道格,我不知道该怎么做到他要我做的事

There is not some magical The leaks.

没有魔法... 泄露事件

Was it you? Are you serious?

是你吗, 你认真的吗

Very.

非常认真

I handed over all of my correspondence, just like everyone else.

我像其他人一样上交了我的通讯

Doesn't prove anything.

那不能证明什么

I'm trying to save this campaign.

我是在挽救他的竞选

If I wanted to sabotage it, I'd let the president do it himself,

如果我想搞破坏,让总统自己来就好

instead of fighting back on this VP thing.

而不是在副总统的事上跟他对着干

Or that's just a cover.

或许那只是装样子

I've been in the trenches for the past year

去年你不在的时候

while you've been gone, and now you doubt me?

我一直在第一线,现在你还怀疑我

I don't need this.

我不需要这套

You got this job by digging up dirt.

你得到这份工作是靠挖丑事

If you can't trust me by now,

如果你到现在还不信任我

I don't know what I'm doing here.

我不知道我还在这儿干吗

Are you saying you wanna resign?

你是说你想辞职吗

That is the last thing that I want,

那是我最不想的了

but you're not giving me any incentive to stay.

但你没有给我留下的动力

All right. Fuck it.

好吧,去它的

Seth, I'm choosing to believe you right now,

赛斯,我现在选择信任你

but if I come to regret that decision

但如果我有一日感到后悔了

You won't, because it's not me.

你不会的,因为不是我干的

I still think it could be Meechum.

我还是认为密查姆有可能

It wasn't.

不是他

You're sure? I'm positive.

你确定, 完全确定

And so is the president.

总统也确定

May I go?

我可以走了吗

Or did you want to discuss the plan for the First Lady?

还是你想谈谈第一夫人的计划

I have some calls to make. I'll come to your office after.

我要打电话,我稍后去你办公室

Get me LeAnn Harvey.

给我接莉安·哈维

Milkin will be staying with this man, Anton Khalski.

米尔金将住在他家,安东·考斯基

He owned the secondlargest

他原本拥有俄国

bank in Russia until Petrov seized it in 2013.

第二大的银行,直到2013年被佩特罗夫查抄

Khalski fled across the border to Estonia.

考斯基逃出国境去了爱沙尼亚

We'll have Milkin's plane fly to Tallinn,

我们让米尔金的飞机飞往首都塔林

then he'll travel by boat to Khalski's summer house on Saaremaa.

然后他会乘船去萨拉马考斯基的夏季别墅

Tomorrow we'll unfreeze Milkin's American assets

明天,我们将结冻米尔金的美国财产

and transfer them to Khalski's Swiss accounts.

并转移到考斯基的瑞士账户

Khalski will reach out to his Russian military friends

考斯基会联络他的俄国军队朋友

and then start buying them off.

然后开始收买他们

Are the FSB monitoring Khalski?

俄联邦安全局在监控考斯基吗

Closely. They'll know we're behind this.

密切监控,他们会知道是我们在支持他

When Moscow confronts us? We'll deny, of course.

莫斯科如果质问我们呢, 当然是否认

Are we prepared if Petrov overreacts?

如果佩特罗夫反应过激,我们是否有所准备

The Sixth Fleet has a presence near the Bosphorus,

第六舰队在博斯普鲁斯海峡附近有部属

we have patrols in the North Sea.

我们在北海也有巡航

Draft the order. Sir, if I may?

起草命令吧, 先生,可以说一句吗

Yeah, we've discussed this, Cathy. Yes, sir.

我们讨论过了,凯茜, 是的,先生

I feel obligated

我觉得我必须

to raise my very strong objections. The diplomatic cost to us

要提出强烈的反对,这将给我们带来的外交影响

If diplomacy were working,

如果外交好用

we wouldn't have to consider this course of action, would we?

我们根本就不需要考虑这么做了,是吧

I've voiced my concerns. Thank you, everyone.

我已经提出了担忧, 谢谢大家

You're not going to surprise me

你不会突然让

by putting the president on, are you?

总统接电话打我个措手不及吧

No, it's just us. He filled me in, though,

不,只有我们,但他告诉我了

on the First Lady's request. And?

关于第一夫人的要求, 怎么样

We wanna make you campaign manager.

我们想让你当竞选经理

Look at your email.

看你的邮件

What is this? Our research.

是什么, 我们的调研

It all boils down to the same thing.

结果是一样的

You ran a few polls, so what?

你们做了几个民调,又如何

Focus groups, too. Meaningless.

还有焦点小组, 毫无意义

Not these numbers.

这么低的数字可不是毫无意义

Claire can't be on the ticket. You know she can't.

克莱尔不能参选,你很清楚

This isn't something you can isolate on its own.

这事不是孤立的

If gas prices hit $6 a gallon, you're fucked.

如果油价飙升至6美元/加仑,你们就完了

You lose every key demo. We're well aware.

你们会失去所有关键人群, 我们很清楚

But if the president makes Claire his running mate,

但如果总统让克莱尔做他的竞选伙伴

it makes the conversation tactical instead of economic.

那么话题会转向策略而非经济

That buys you time on the Russia crisis.

这就给了你们时间处理俄国危机

You solve that, confidence in the president

你们解决了那事,对总统在自信

translates into confidence in his choice

就能转变成对总统选择的自信

I didn't call you to be convinced. I called to offer you a job.

我打给你不是想听你游说,我打来是想给你份工作

Only to get to Mrs. Underwood. This isn't just about her.

是为了拆安德伍德夫人的台, 不仅是因为她

We need you. You'll turn this campaign around.

我们需要你,你能扭转竞选局势

I'm surprised, Doug. I didn't think you were very fond of me.

我好惊讶,道格,我以为你不怎么喜欢我呢

I'm fond of talent. So is the president.

我喜欢人才,总统也是

My loyalty is to the First Lady.

我忠于第一夫人

All I'm asking is that you talk to her.

我只求你跟她谈谈

I'll tell you what. I'll show Claire your research

这样吧,如果你把我的调查给总统看

if you show the president mine.

我就把你的调查给克莱尔看

I can agree to that.

这我可以同意

I shouldn't even be talking to you, Heather.

我根本不该跟你说话的,海瑟

I'm seriously concerned that there's been an abuse of power.

我非常担忧有滥用职权的现象

Madam Attorney General? Mr. Stamper, um, is ready to see you now.

司法部长女士,斯坦普先生可以见您了

I'll be right there.

我就去

I gotta go.

我得挂了

The agent in charge of the operation

负责行动的探员

got a promotion directly after.

事后马上得到了晋升

Listen Martha, if the president,

听着, 玛莎,如果总统

or one of his staff... If anyone strongarmed the bureau

或他的手下,如果有人强迫联调局

into pursuing Lucas Goodwin,

追查卢卡斯·古德温

then you know that's an abuse of power.

那你知道,那就是滥用职权

I work for the president.

我就为总统工作

I am about to sit down with his Chief of Staff.

我正要跟他的幕僚长面谈

The law is the law. This is politics, not the law.

法律就是法律, 这是政治,不是法律

Not true. You brought me on

不对,你让我担任

as solicitor general because of my integrity.

副检察长是因为我正直

I am bringing this to you because of yours.

而我来找你,是因为你也一样

Madam Attorney General.

司法部长女士

I really need to go.

我真的得挂了

If a sliver of Goodwin's story holds up...

如果古德温的故事有一丝真实性

How did you even find this?

你怎么知道的

Did your oppo team speak to someone in WITSEC?

你的对手研究团队联络过证人保护计划的人吗

Because if that's the case, then that sort of breach is not

如果是那样,这种违法行为...

I spoke to him myself, personally. You what?

我跟他本人谈过, 什么

He came to me. He tracked me down.

他来找我的,他找到了我

I'm not touching this, Heather.

我不要沾这事,海瑟

Doug, sorry about that.

道格,真是抱歉

No I was just on with the Chief Justice.

没事, 我刚刚在跟首席法官通话

Don't be silly, come on in. Thank you.

没事的,快进来吧, 谢谢

This way. Thanks so much.

这边请, 谢谢你

I don't know. She didn't do that well as ambassador.

我不知道,她作为大使时表现可不怎么样

She wasn't experienced enough.

经验不够

Hold on, she was an ambassador?

等等,她做过大使

At the United Nations. Chris, don't you watch the news?

联合国大使, 克里斯,你不看新闻吗

How many of you feel the same?

你们多少人也有同感

Any other reasons, besides lack of experience?

除了缺乏经验,有其他原因吗

Well, she was really impulsive when she had that outburst in Moscow.

她在莫斯科情绪失控时很冲动

Well, she never should've been there in the first place.

她根本就不该去

I mean, the Senate voted her down,

参议院都否决了她

and then her husband just appoints her?

她丈夫还是任命了她

That's not right.

哪能这样

Okay, see, I like her as a person, but I agree,

瞧,我喜欢她这个人,但我同意

she should stick to being First Lady.

她该继续做她的第一夫人

So, he's hoping you'll convince me to let it go.

他是希望你来劝我放弃

Look, I'd make a killing compared to what you've paid me,

我能挣得比你给的多得多

but you and I talked about making a real mark.

但我们谈过要青史留名

My father really liked Francis.

我父亲真的很喜欢弗兰西斯

But as my daddy, he said to me, the day before we got married,

但作为我父亲,我们结婚前一天,他跟我说

"You have one life, Claire. "

你只有一次人生,克莱尔

Are you sure this is the man you wanna spend it with?"

你确定你要跟这个男人共度此生吗"

What did you say?

你怎么说的

I said I didn't want to live my life full of doubts.

我说我不想在怀疑中度过人生

Well, I think Francis wants me to doubt myself.

我觉得弗兰西斯想让我怀疑自己

What was that? My mother... killing a lizard.

怎么回事, 我母亲,杀蜥蜴呢

I'll get the door for you, ma'am. I can open the door myself.

我给您开门,夫人, 我自己能开

Watch your step. There's blood on the floor.

小心脚下,地上有血

I want you to take this to the president, in person.

我要你亲自把这个交给总统

Try to get on a plane tonight if you can. Of course.

如果可以,今晚飞过去, 当然

This one's for you.

这是给你的

It's warm. At least it's free.

是温的, 至少是免费的

I may need to cash in my insurance.

我或许得要你们兑现保险了

What's going on?

怎么了

Tell me what my position would be if she wins the nomination.

如果她拿下提名,我会得到什么位置

Is it the attorney general?

是司法部长吗

The what? Never mind.

什么, 算了

For running mate?

做竞选伙伴

It's way too early for running mates. He hasn't even won.

现在考虑竞选伙伴太早了,他还没赢呢

Are we talking about the same thing? You go first.

我们说的是一件事吗, 你先说

It doesn't work that way.

事不是那么办的

Well, you're the one looking for a job.

是你想找工作

You can either involve me,

你要么告诉我

or you can start reading

要么就等着

headlines about Dunbar pushing a marriage story.

报纸头条报道邓巴泄露婚姻消息

That would blow you up.

那会害死你的

Doug's already suspicious. I've got nothing to lose.

道格已经起疑了,我没什么可怕的

So which is it?

怎么样

Lucas Goodwin.

卢卡斯·古德温

He was an editor... at The Herald, the one who

他是《先驱报》的编辑,是那个...

We spoke to him. Isn't he in prison?

我们跟他谈过, 他不是在蹲监狱吗

Not anymore.

出来了

He's scheduled to depart at 0930 hours.

他将于9:30出发

That'll put him in Tallinn shortly before dawn.

破晓前不久就能到塔林

Our station chief is standing by with the escort to Saaremaa.

我们的站长与去萨拉马的护送队在待命了

This is the executive order.

这是行政命令

Sir Cathy, I've made my decision.

长官, 凯茜,我已经决定了

Hourly updates once he lands. Yes, sir.

他到达后每小时报告一次, 是,先生

Thank you all very much.

非常感谢

Tell Doug I'm ready.

告诉道格我准备好了

Please, have a seat, LeAnn.

请坐吧,莉安

I'm delighted you've agreed to come on board.

我很高兴你同意加入了

It's my understanding there is a condition attached.

据我所知是有条件的

Well, yes.

是的

And she understands that condition? You've spoken with her?

她明白这个条件吧,你跟她谈过了

Oh, my apologies, sir. I wasn't clear.

抱歉,先生,我没说清楚

I meant our condition, not yours.

我是指我们的条件,不是你们的

On Super Tuesday.

在初选日

It's a long trip to deliver this in person.

这么大老远亲自送来啊

Well, it's not the sort of thing

这种东西

you'd want to end up in the wrong hands.

可不能落入旁人手中

Are you staying here in Washington?

你要留在华盛顿吗

No, I'm going straight back.

不,我马上回去

Is there anything you'd like me to tell the First Lady?

有什么话需要我带给第一夫人吗

Tell her she'll have her answer by this evening.

告诉她今晚就能回复她

Thank you, Mr. President. Have a safe trip back, Ms. Harvey.

谢谢,总统先生, 一路顺风,哈维小姐

I'll show myself out.

我自己出去吧

For quite some time, the president and I have been growing apart.

在相当长的一段时间里,我和总统已经渐渐疏远

Have Meechum step in here.

让密查姆进来

We've attempted to save our marriage,

我们曾企图挽救我们的婚姻

but after great effort, I've come to the conclusion

但虽经过很多努力,我最终认识到

that it can't be saved.

我们的婚姻已不可挽救

It is with great regret that I announce today

我今天很遗憾地宣布

I'm filing for divorce.

我将申请离婚

We have to stop her. Before she gets to the airport?

我们得阻止她, 在她到机场之前吗

No, I mean Claire.

不是,克莱尔

You asked for me, sir?

您找我,先生

Come in.

进来

Both the cell and the landline

手机和固话...

We're on lockdown, ma'am. We had to scramble all the

我们进入了封锁,夫人,我们屏蔽了...

Lockdown? What are you talking about?

封锁,你在说什么呢

I'm gonna need you to stay in the house.

请您待在房内

What I'm sorry, ma'am.

什么, 抱歉,夫人

You can't force me to stay in here.

你不能强迫我留在屋内

There is a current, highly credible threat to your life

现在有针对您很可信的威胁...

I need to speak to your supervising

我要跟你的上级说话

I am the head of your detail here in Dallas, ma'am,

我是您在达拉斯的保安主管,夫人

and I've been ordered to keep you securely in this house.

我得到命令要保护您安全留在屋内

Go Underwood!

安德伍德加油

Listen. Blunderwood! Blunderwood!

听啊, 笨蛋伍德,笨蛋伍德

Do you know what they're chanting? "Blunderwood."

知道他们喊什么吗, "笨蛋伍德"

And if I were their English professor,

如果我是他们的英语教授

why, I would give them all an "A" for cleverness...

我会给他们的小聪明打A

...but a "D" for accuracy.

但准确性打D

But that's part of being president.

但做总统就是如此

You make enemies,

会树敌

and you can hear some of mine just outside, right now.

大家此刻就能听到我的一些敌人在外面呐喊

So, I am grateful to each and every one of you

所以我很感激你们每个人

for coming out and showing your support today.

今天前来表示对我的支持

It's because of you we will win this nomination,

因为你们,我们能拿到提名

and that's why I came to your college today.

所以我今天来你们大学

Now, of course, I knew

当然了,我知道

that there would be protesters here today...

今天会有抗议者来

and I could've chosen not to come,

我本可以不来

or I could choose to avoid them as I leave,

也可以选择离开时避开他们

but I'm not going to do that,

但我不打算那么做

because those students out there, your fellow classmates,

因为外面那些学生,你们的同学

I'm their president, too.

我也是他们的总统

And whether they vote for me or not, I have to lead them as well.

不管他们是不是为我投票,我也得带领他们

So, it's important to hear them, to talk to them,

所以,一定得倾听他们,跟他们说话

to listen to their ideas,

听他们的想法

because, just as you're learning in college,

因为就像你们在大学学习

a diversity of ideas makes us all wiser,

思想的多样化让我们都更加明智

and that holds true even for your president.

对你们的总统来说也是如此

True leadership

真正的领导

is not running away from those who disagree with you,

不是逃避与你意见相左的人

but embracing them,

而是要接纳他们

and that is exactly what I intend to do when I'm done today.

今天结束后,我就打算这么做

I'm gonna go out and embrace that entire crowd.

我要出去接纳那群人

Shouldn't we be taking a military plane?

我们不该坐军用飞机吗

That would draw attention.

那会吸引注意

Relax.

放松

Everything's been worked out. You're in good hands.

一切都安排好了,你不会有事的

Here, get some sleep.

给,睡会儿吧

It's gonna be a long trip tonight.

今晚要走很久

Blunderwood! Blunderwood!

笨蛋伍德,笨蛋伍德

Any news? Everything's secure, sir.

有消息吗, 都安排好了,先生

We love you, Underwood!

我们爱你,安德伍德

Thank you all for coming out,

感谢大家前来

even those of you who don't entirely support me.

包括那些不完全支持我的人

Way to go, Mr. President! Thank you.

总统你真棒, 谢谢

I wanna try to hear what it is that you disagree with me about.

我想尽量听听你们究竟反对我什么

I understand not everyone's for me.

我知道不是每个人都支持我

No more wars! Go back to Gaffney!

停止战争, 滚回加夫尼去吧

Hello, how are you? Thank you for coming out.

你好吗,谢谢你能来

Hello, thank you for coming out.

你好,谢谢你能来

You're doing a great job! We know what you are!

你很棒, 我们知道你的真实面目

Hello.

你好

All right, I'm here to try to listen to you,

好了,我来是想听听你们的声音

but probably one at a time is gonna be a little better.

但是一个一个说可能会比较好

Okay, maybe we could have a conversation, more oneonone.

也许我们应该进行一对一的对话

It's difficult to hear you.

这样很难听清

I understand what you don't believe in, but what are you for?

我知道你们不喜欢什么,但你们支持什么呢

That would be a good question. All right, how about you?

这样问也许比较好,你怎么样

You've been yelling at me for a little while.

你已经冲我喊了有一会儿了

What do you think I should be doing differently?

你觉得我该在哪些方面有所改变

You should resign. Well, now,

你应该辞职, 好吧

I'm not asking for your vote,

我没在请求你们为我投票

but what would you do if you were president?

但如果你是总统,你会怎么做呢

You're ruining our country!

你在毁掉我们的国家

I came out here to try to listen to what you wanna say,

我来这里是想听你们的心声

but if all you're gonna do is scream

但如果你们只是一直尖叫下去

Gun!

有枪

Let's go! Let's go!

快走,快走

Move! Move! Go, go, go!

快走,快走,快快快

There has been an attempted assassination of the president.

有人企图刺杀总统

President Frank Underwood has been shot.

弗兰克·安德伍德总统遭到了枪击

It occurred about ten minutes ago during a campaign event

大约十分钟前发生于华盛顿特区

at Hammond University in Washington, D.C.

哈蒙德大学的一场竞选活动中

We do not yet know how severely the president has been wounded.

我们尚不清楚总统的伤情

He is en route to Jefferson Memorial Hospital.

他正在被送往杰弗逊纪念医院

We don't know how serious his condition may be.

我们不知道他的情况有多严重

Footage of the assassination attempt is still making its way to us,

刺杀未遂事件的视频还没送到

and we expect to have that shortly.

但相信很快能够公布

Witnesses are reporting

目击者声称

that there was a quick succession of gunshots,

当时有连续好几声枪响

four or five,

约有四五发

a lone gunman whose identity we are still trying to determine.

枪手是一个人,身份还未确认

We've been told the gunman was killed,

已得知枪手已被击毙

as well as at least one Secret Service agent,

另有至少一名特勤人员遇难

but we don't have definitive confirmation of that yet.

但我们还未得到明确证实

We don't yet know who the gunman may be or who the agent is.

我们也不清楚枪手和特勤人员的身份

What's happened? The president's been shot.

怎么了, 总统遇刺了

I'm hearing now that the president

导播现在告诉我

received at least one gunshot to the abdomen, possibly more,

总统至少腹部中了一枪,也许不止

that he clutched his stomach,

他紧捂腹部

that he fell instantly to the ground,

立即倒地

and there were screams, people panicking,

现场尖叫连连,人群陷入恐慌

that it has been very chaotic at that scene.

场面十分混乱

We have very little information at this time,

目前我们获得的消息很有限

other than shots were fired, the president wounded.

仅知道总统遭遇枪击受伤

But as I say, he is alive.

但如我所言,他还活着

We've gotten no official

我们也还没得到

statement from the White House as of yet,

白宫的官方声明

either the president's precise condition

不了解总统的具体情况

or the whereabouts of Vice President Blythe.

或是布莱斯副总统的行踪

He is believed to be at the White House. We cannot confirm that,

有消息称他目前正在白宫,但我们还不能确认

nor do we know if he will take over as acting president,

我们也不清楚他是否会出任代总统

assuming the duties of the presidency

履行宪法第25条修正案

under the terms of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution.

规定的总统职责

That would seem likely, however,

但如果总统的伤势

if the president's wounds are as serious

如我们认为的那样严重

as we believe them to be.

这将很有可能

This is a difficult moment for the country.

这是国家的艰难时刻

It is not the first time that a president has been shot

这不是我国总统第一次遇刺

in my lifetime or in many of yours.

我和很多人此前都曾经历过

But even for those of us who have experienced this before,

但即便是那些经历过这种事的人

it is no less of a shock, it is no less terrifying.

此事仍触目惊心,骇人听闻

It is the moment when our nation's resilience,

这是检验我国坚韧的时刻

when our collective strength,

检验人民团结的时刻

the moment when all of that is tested the most.

最能检验一切的时刻

And we can only imagine

我们难以想象

how difficult it must be for the First Lady.

第一夫人此时多么痛苦

Francis Michael told me.

弗兰西斯他... 迈克尔说了

I have to go back to Washington.

我得回华盛顿

Well, what are you waiting for?

那你还耽搁什么

Do you expect me to console you?

还指望我安慰你吗

No, I just...

不,我只是...

Goodbye, Mother. Claire.

再见,母亲, 克莱尔

I hope he dies.

我希望他死

Claire, I can't imagine how difficult this must be.

克莱尔,我无法想象你多么难过

Is there anything I can do?

需要我帮忙吗

I appreciate the call, Mr. Vice President,

谢谢你来电慰问,副总统先生

but I'm sure you've got a lot to take care of right now.

但你目前肯定还有许多事得处理

Is there anything I can do to help you?

你需要我的帮助吗

I'll be making a brief appearance

一旦我们弄清

once we have a better sense of... where things stand.

目前的状况,我就会进行简短发言

Would you like me to be there?

需要我在场吗

I think it would be good, the country seeing the First Lady.

这样最好,让国家见到第一夫人

I think it's more important that they see your steady hand.

我觉得让他们见到你临危不乱更重要

If you're by my side, it would certainly make it steadier.

如果你在我身边,我会更有底气

Of course. Anything you ask.

当然,我都听你的

I'm gonna be praying for you. For both of you.

我会为你们祈祷,为你们俩

Thank you, Don.

谢谢,唐

Okay.

好了

This way, sir.

这边,先生

Thank you, sir.

谢谢,先生

The acting president needs

有高度机密事务

to be briefed on a highly classified matter.

需要向代总统报告

Everyone without military clearance, we'll need the room.

没有军事机密许可的人请离开房间

It was in fact two shots.

枪手开了两枪

One that grazed the torso just beneath the right arm

一枪擦伤了身体,就在右臂之下

and the second which entered the abdomen,

另一枪射入了腹部

possibly into his liver.

多半伤了肝脏

Obviously, it was that shot that did the greatest damage.

显然是这一枪造成了最严重的伤害

The president is currently reported to be in critical condition.

据悉,总统目前情况危急

The Secret Service agent

为保护总统遇害的

that was killed protecting the president was Edward Meechum.

特勤局特工名叫艾德华·密查姆

He is the head of the president's detail,

他是总统安保队队长

and we can confirm that now.

我们现在可以确定

After being shot and before he died,

他中枪后,在死前

he killed the assailant whose identity is still unknown.

杀死了身份仍未知的袭击者

We're waiting now on a press conference from the White House

我们正等待白宫新闻发言人赛斯·格雷森的

from Press Secretary Seth Grayson,

新闻发布会

and we expect to have that beginning in just a few moments.

发布会稍后就会举行

We confirm nothing unless you run it past me twice first,

先给我看过两遍,再对外确认

I don't want Mr. Grayson...

我不希望... 格雷森先生...

I'm on my way. We don't want any rumors, only facts.

马上过去,不要有任何传言,只要事实

There's a student who's claiming it was the Secret Service

一名学生宣称是特勤局的人

who fired the first shot. What did I just say?

开的第一枪, 我刚说了什么

Do not waste my time with that bullshit. Sir,

别拿这种屁话浪费我时间, 先生

the press is waiting.

媒体在等了

All right, I'm... I'm coming. Uh, where's my...

行,我马上过去,我的...

At 12:38 this afternoon, Vice President Donald Blythe

今日午后12点38分,副总统唐纳德·布莱斯

was authorized as acting president by the cabinet.

由内阁任命为代总统

He is currently meeting with them.

目前他正与内阁会面

Approximately 20 minutes ago, the First Lady landed at Andrews.

约20分钟前,第一夫人在安德鲁空军基地降落

She is expected to arrive at the hospital shortly.

她不久就会达到医院

Mrs. Underwood. How is he?

安德伍德夫人, 他怎么样

They're still in the OR. Probably a few hours left to go.

他们还在手术室里,大概还得要几小时

Is he going to live?

他能保住命吗

He took a direct hit to his liver, which is partially shattered.

他被直接击中肝脏,肝脏部分破裂

Fortunately, part of the left lobe is mostly intact.

幸运的是,左叶有一部分几乎完好无损

Now, we think there's a decent chance he will survive surgery,

我们认为,他有很大几率挺过手术

but even if he does, that's when the real fight begins.

但即便如此,真正的难关在术后才开始

I'd like to see him.

我想见他

As soon as he's out, I'll make sure you know.

他一结束我就告诉您

Okay, thank you.

好,谢谢

I'd recommend we call off this operation,

我建议取消这次行动

we turn the plane around now.

现在就让飞机调头

I disagree. It's well planned.

我不同意,我们精心计划过了

The president already signed off.

而且总统已经签字了

The president might die.

总统可能撑不过去

Madam Secretary... We'll have no talk like that, Cathy.

国务卿女士, 不准这样说,凯茜

My apologies, sir.

抱歉,先生

What I am trying to say is that

我想说的是

it is too risky to antagonize

针锋相对的风险太大了

The point was to scare them, not

我们的目的是吓唬他们,不是

To do anything of this nature

在最高指挥官

while the commander in chief is incapacitated,

无法工作时做这种事情

the Russians will take advantage We're at high alert.

俄国人会利用这时机, 我们现在高度警戒

We're prepared for all eventualities.

我们准备好面对一切不测了

Mr. Vice... Mr. President...

副...总统先生

I believe it is our duty to carry out the orders

我认为,执行总统签署的命令

that the president signed.

是我们的职责

The circumstances have changed. The plan is sound.

情况已经变了, 计划依然可行

So, what would you like to do, sir,

您想让我怎么办,先生

continue the mission or abort?

继续还是终止任务

Uh, I... I wanna think on it.

我想再考虑考虑

He's scheduled to land in two hours.

按计划他将在两小时后降落

I just want...

我只想

I've gotta think. Let's take a break.

我得考虑一下,我们休息一下吧

I, uh, I need to process all this.

我得整理整理思绪

Sir?

先生

The president weighed everything

总统权衡过一切

Cathy brought up some good points.

凯茜说得很有道理

She's been against this from the very beginning,

她从最开始就反对这件事

but the president clearly

但总统明确

Just give me some time, Doug, please?

给我点时间,道格,求你了

I've got too many people barking in my ear.

在我耳边吼的人太多了

The president is out of surgery,

总统已经做完手术

and he is in stable but critical condition.

他病情稳定但依然危重

Excuse me! Excuse me! We are going to keep this orderly.

听我说,听我说,我们要有序得来

Dr. Saxon will finish his statement,

先让萨克逊医生发表完声明

and then we'll answer your questions. Thank you.

然后我们再回答你们的问题,谢谢

The surgery lasted six hours, 28 minutes.

手术进行了6小时28分钟

Three quarters of his liver was removed.

切除了四分之三的肝脏

A liver, even one quarter of a liver,

肝脏,哪怕只剩四分之一

has the ability to regenerate within six to eight weeks.

都有能力在六至八周内再生

We will be conducting blood tests every hour.

我们每小时都会对他进行血检

Enzymes, ammonia levels, PT times,

监测肝酶水平,血氨水平,凝血酶原时间

I believe these are all explained in the handout.

这些在声明单上都有说明

...the medical report, live from the White House,

...医学报告,我们马上就继续

which we will return to shortly.

白宫的现场直播

But we have breaking news we're following.

但我们在密切关注一则重大新闻

The wouldbe assassin was previously reported

在之前的报道中,刺客被认为是

as John Carlyle from Dayton, Ohio,

俄亥俄州代顿的约翰·卡莱尔

but sources in the Department of Justice now say

但现在司法部的消息源称

this was actually an alias for Lucas Goodwin,

这其实是卢卡斯·古德温的化名

a former editor at The Washington Herald

他曾是《华盛顿先驱报》的编辑

who was convicted of cyberterrorism nearly two years ago.

两年前被判犯下了网络恐怖主义罪

Now, if we freeze this cell phone footage of the shooting

如果我们暂停这段手机拍摄的枪击视频

and we compare the shooter's face to this picture of Goodwin...

然后将枪手的脸与古德温的照片进行的对比

well, the comparison is striking

比照惊人

and would seem to confirm

似乎也证实了

what we're hearing from our sources in the DOJ,

来自司法部消息源的说法

who say Goodwin was recently released

即古德温已于近日获释

and is in a witness protection program.

并加入了证人保护计划

It's so strange to think that I

感觉好怪,想到我...

It was, what? Just two hours before? Less than.

多久,那就是两小时前吧,还不到

How did he react?

他是什么反应

He was cold, I guess. I couldn't really read him.

他很冷漠吧,我看不透他

He looks so weak.

他看起来好虚弱

Should I come back to Washington?

我应该回华盛顿吗

Let's see how the next couple of days go.

看看接下来几天的情况吧

Well, just say the word, I'm on a plane.

随时通知我,我立马上飞机

All right, thank you, LeAnn. Good night.

好吧,谢谢,莉安,晚安

Good night.

晚安

Francis, can you hear me?

弗兰西斯,能听到吗

Francis.

弗兰西斯

I just spoke to Eddie's parents, ma'am.

我刚跟艾迪的父母谈了,夫人

You said you wanted to call them?

您说您想给他们打电话

Yes, thank you.

是的,谢谢

Edward was more than a hero, Mrs. Meechum.

艾德华不止是位英雄,密查姆太太

He was our friend.

他是我们的朋友

I'm so sorry for your loss.

我非常遗憾您失去了儿子

Please, let me know if there's anything

如果有什么我能为您

I can do for you and your family.

和您的家人做的,务必告诉我

You can call me anytime.

您随时可以给我打电话

Yes, ma'am, that is my private number.

是的,太太,这是我的私人号码

And again, I'm so sorry.

我再次深表遗憾

Lucas Goodwin? We didn't know he was out.

卢卡斯·古德温, 我们不知道他出狱了

How can that happen? He's released and you didn't know

怎么可能,他被释放了你却不知道

Ma'am... as far as threats go,

夫人,说到威胁

we've been far more occupied with you lately.

我们最近几乎都在忙着应付您

I'm hoping that we can work together, because I need your help.

我希望我们能合作,因为我需要您的帮助

How? The vice president.

怎么帮, 副总统

We spoke. I told him I would appear with him.

我们谈过了,我告诉他我会陪他出面

Not the statement.

不是声明的事

He's having trouble making a decision.

他现在有个决定难以定夺

Can you come back to the White House with me?

您能跟我一起回白宫吗

It's serious, ma'am.

这事很严重,夫人

I can fill you in on the way.

我可以在路上跟您说明情况

I'll grab my things.

我去拿我的东西

I can't let you go any farther, sir.

我不能让你进去,先生

I'm his Chief of Staff.

我是他的幕僚长

I'm sorry, sir.

抱歉,先生

Only doctors and the First Lady for now.

现在只有医生和第一夫人可以进去

Claire.

克莱尔

Hello.

你好

How are you?

你好吗

Exhausted. I'm sure.

累坏了, 肯定的

You must be, too.

你也一定累坏了

There's so much I don't know. It's... overwhelming.

有太多东西我不了解,快把我...搞晕了

Sir, I briefed the First Lady on the Milkin operation.

先生,我已向第一夫人说明了米尔金行动

I thought she might have some insight,

考虑到她曾与俄国有过直接交涉

given her experience working directly with Russia.

我想也许她会有一些见解

I know you've had a lot of people weigh in already.

我知道已经有很多人为你出谋划策了

I value your input, Claire. I'm glad you're here.

我重视你的建议,克莱尔,我很高兴你能来

Douglas, will you give us a minute? Of course.

道格拉斯,能让我们单独谈谈吗, 当然

I'll be with the cabinet, sir.

我会跟内阁在一起,先生

You know that thing that people say,

你知道人们常说

"God never gives you more than you can handle"?

上帝不会让你无法承受

Yes.

知道

My Marjory, God bless her,

我的玛乔莉,愿主保佑她

she said that was pure bullshit.

她说那是屁话

Oh, listen to me complaining

你丈夫正在与死神搏斗

while your husband is fighting for his life.

你还得听我抱怨

Oh, it's okay. Actually, I need the distraction.

没关系,其实我需要分散下注意

Let's talk Russia.

我们谈谈俄国吧

I'm torn. Uh, we have this plane circling over the North Sea...

我很纠结,我们有架飞机在北海上空盘旋

and I don't know what to do. Well, what does your gut tell you?

我不知道该怎么做, 你的直觉是什么

I've never been a gut sort of guy.

我从来就不是靠直觉做事的人

I mean, if I had a gun to my head...

如果有把枪指在我头上...

Sorry, that was a poor choice of words. It's fine. Go on.

对不起,我比喻不当,没关系,继续

I understand what the president hoped to achieve,

我理解总统希望达到什么

but the thought of provoking Russia...

但一想到激怒俄国...

And I'm just beginning to immerse myself in all the complexities.

我这才刚开始了解此事的复杂性

What would Frank do, if he were in my shoes right now?

如果换了弗兰克,他会怎么做呢

If he were here, he'd tell you

如果他在这儿,他会告诉你

that's the last thing you should think about,

那是你最不应该考虑的事

because he's not here, you are.

因为他不在这儿,你在

What would you do?

你会怎么做

Proceed with the mission or bring him back?

继续这项任务还是叫他回来

I don't like either.

两者我都不喜欢

Those are my options.

我只有这两个选择

Well, if there's one thing I've learned, 28 years with Francis,

如果说在弗兰西斯身边28年,我学到了什么

and he said it time and time again,

那就是他重复多次的那句话

"If you don't like the way the table is set..."

"如果你不喜欢餐具的摆放..."

"Then turn over the table." That's right.

"那就掀桌子" 没错

He's said it to me, more than once.

他跟我说过不止一次

Then that's what you should do, Donald.

那么你就应该这么做,唐纳德

But how? Well, let's figure it out.

但要怎么做呢, 我们一起想想吧

Weren't we supposed to have landed already?

我们不是早该降落了吗

We're in a holding pattern. Why? Is something wrong?

我们在待命航线上, 为什么,出什么事了吗

All I know is we're in a holding pattern.

我只知道我们在待命航线上

Doug.

道格

This plane's gonna run out of fuel soon.

这架飞机很快就会没油

We're gonna have to put it down somewhere.

我们一定要找个地方让它降落

I'll be making a statement shortly. Let's notify the press corps.

我马上就发声明,先跟记者团打声招呼吧

About the operation? No, to reassure the American people.

关于行动吗, 不,让美国人民放心

Shall I meet you in there? Ten minutes.

我在那边等你吗, 给我十分钟

The cabinet?

内阁怎么样

Still waiting on your decision, sir. Good.

还在等您的决定,先生, 很好

Let's go.

走吧

I want you to land the plane in China.

把飞机降落在中国

China, sir?

中国吗,先生

There's no bailout without Chinese money.

没有中国的钱就没有救市计划

We give them Milkin, they have more leverage.

我们把米尔金给他们,他们会有更多筹码

Sir, that gives away our leverage.

先生,那就放弃我们的筹码了

I'm not for regime change, but that just...

我不赞成政权更迭,但那是...

It's the last thing that Petrov is expecting.

这是佩特罗夫最想不到的事

They'll demand drilling access in eastern Siberia.

他们会要求东西伯利亚的钻井权

And when they do, we become the lesser of two evils.

等他们提出,我们就是两害中较轻的那个

Sir, at no time did the president

先生,总统从未打算

intend on bringing China into the mix...

把中国搅进来...

Get the plane on Chinese soil.

让飞机降落在中国领土上

And turn over Milkin's assets. That's my decision.

并且移交米尔金的资产,这就是我的决定

I asked for your help. And that's what I gave.

我是向你求助的, 我也给予了帮助

No, China wasn't part of the president's plan.

不,中国不在总统的计划范围内

It's part of the acting president's plan.

它在代总统的计划范围内

You ready? Yes, whenever you are.

你准备好了吗, 好了,就等你了

Seth? Yes, sir.

赛斯, 是,先生

Ladies and gentlemen, the acting president.

女士们先生们,有请代总统

Please, sit.

请坐

This is a difficult day for all Americans,

今天对所有美国民众来说都是艰难的一天

particularly for Mrs. Underwood,

特别是安德伍德夫人

who is gracious enough to be here,

很感谢她能来到这儿

to lend me strength while I address an anxious nation.

在我向焦虑的国民讲话时,给我力量

Mr. President!

总统先生

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/dsij/507107.html