篮球英文堂 第210期:我是如何忍着剧痛完成罚球的(在线收听

You're playing Against the Golden State Warriors, Score is 107-109,

你们当时对阵勇士队,比分是107比109,

You guys are close to getting into the playoffs,

你们差一点就要进入季后赛了,

You know exactly what happens in the game, you go up,

你清清楚楚记得当时发生了什么,你跳起来,

You're about to take your shot and then all of a sudden, Bomb, Achilles happens, Right?

刚准备要投篮,然后突然梆的一声,跟腱断了,是吧?

Friend of mine Nemo, He is here just to listen to, he played ball,

我的一个朋友名字叫Nemo,他在这里就是要听你亲口说,他也打篮球,

and he told me, Patrick, I don't think you understand, he says when I tore my achilles in high school, he says,

他跟我说,Patrick,我不觉得你真正了解,他说当我高中的时候跟腱撕裂,

Four friends of my drag me to my hospital, I was crying from there straight to the hospital, he says I have no clue, How the hell this guy did it.

我的4个朋友把我扛去医院,我从球场一直哭到医院,他说,我完全无法理解,这他妈的这个家伙是怎么做到的(完全屏蔽疼痛)。

He went and hit the free throws and then you walk off the stage, Yeah you got the surgery,

他走上球场,命中罚球,然后你走下场,然后你接受手术,

How the hell do you tolerate that kind of pain?

你是如何忍受如此级别的疼痛?

You know I tell this example, and I think this is the best way to explain it.

你知道的,我经常用这个例子,我觉得这个例子是最能解释清楚的。

Yeah you have a hamstring injury, you pull your hamstring really really badly, you can barely walk, right?

你跟腱受伤了,撕裂得非常严重,你几乎无法走路,是吧?

let alone play anything, Soccer basketball volleyball whatever it is, can't do anything.

更不用说做任何运动了,足球,篮球,排球,无所谓是什么,什么都做不了。

Doctor tells you to go home, Sit on the couch, rest your hamstring, right?

医生告诉你回家休养,躺在沙发上,让跟腱休息,是吧?

Stay off of it, don't get up, no sudden movements,

尽量休息,不要站起来,不要突然活动,

You're at home, all of a sudden, a fire breaks out in the home,

你当时在家,突然,家里突然着火啦,

The kids are upstairs, wife is, wherever she may be, shits going down, all right.

你的孩子们在楼上,妻子在,不管她在哪里,糟糕的情况愈演愈烈,当时是这样的情况。

I'm willing to bet that you're going to forget about your hamstring, you're gonna sping upstairs, you gonna grab your kids.

我愿意赌,你会忘掉跟腱的疼痛,你会跳到楼上,你会抱起你的孩子。

you make sure you wife is good, getting out of that house, right?

你确保妻子是安全的,赶紧跑出房子外面去,是吧?

hamstring be damn, you not gonna feel your hamstring, right?

去他妈的跟腱,你完全不会记得你的跟腱,是吧?

The reason is because the lifes of your family are more important than injury of your hamstring.

原因是你家人的生命比你的伤势更重要。

And so when the game is more important than the injury itself, you don't feel that damn injury.

当比赛对你来说比伤病更重要的时候,你感觉不到那该死的伤病。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lqywt/509124.html