《查莉成长日记》精讲 53(在线收听

Hey, ready for your basketball game?

小伙子 准备好去参加篮球赛了吗

Do I have to go?

我必须得去吗

All we ever do is lose.

我们一直都是输

That is not true.Sometimes you forfeit.

那可不对啊,有时候你们是丧失资格

Oh, honey, it's important to think positive.

哦宝贝 乐观自信是很重要的

True, you've lost 11 games in a row and you're dead last in the league, but--

确实 你们已经连输了十一场,基本上在联赛里算是垫底了。不过嘛

I don't know where I'm going with this.

我也不知道想出什么好话来安慰你了

Bad news, Gabe.

坏消息 盖比

I can't coach your game today.

我今天不能给你们比赛当教练了

Just got an emergency extermination call.

刚接到一个紧急除害电话

What's the big emergency?

是什么大紧急事件呀

Ladybug infestation.

瓢虫出没

Aww.

好可爱

Oh, sure, one's cute.Thousands-- unspeakable horror.

那是,一只小瓢虫很讨喜。成千上万那可就是极端恐怖的大灾难了

So I guess without a coach,we won't be able to play our game today.

那我看既然比赛没有教练,我们今天就不用比了吧

Hey, wait a minute. I can coach.

喂 等一下,我可以当教练呀

That's cute, honey,

哦呵呵,真是可爱的想法,亲爱的

but coaching's a little more complicated than you might think.

不过做教练这回事比你想像中可能要复杂一点点

Oh, honey, I can lose just as good as you can.

哎哟,亲爱的,我顶多也就跟你输的一样惨嘛

What am I saying? I can't coach.

我在说什么呀?我是不能去当教练

I have Mommy & Me with Charlie.

我还得带查莉去上亲子联谊会呢

I could take Charlie to Mommy & Me.

我可以带查莉去亲子会呀

Honey, that's cute, but Mommy & Me is a little more complicated than you might think.

亲爱的,真是可爱的想法。不过亲子班这回事比你想象中可能要复杂一点点

Actually, it's really not. You go ahead and take her.

其实根本不复杂,你带她去参加就好了

All right, honey, looks like you're in.

好了,亲爱的,看来你决心加入了

Here's the playbook.

这是教练手册

Now this might be a little over your head,so just do your best.

现在要你记全有点太强人所难,所以你只要尽力而为就可以了

Xs are our team. Os are the other guys.

攻组是我们队,守组是其他的那些人

Okay, the xs have lost 11 games in a row, right?

得了吧,攻组不是连输11场了吗

Right.

说的对

We're gonna be the os this week.

我们这礼拜就转型防守吧

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/clczrjjj/509699.html