篮球英文堂 第284期:库里自述被低估的人生(2)(在线收听

It's the best advice I've ever gotten.

这是我所得到的最好的建议。

And anytime I've needed it - anytime I've been snubbed, or underrated, or even flat-out disrespected,

每当我需要它的时候--每当我被人冷嘲热讽,被人轻视,甚至被人不尊重的时候,

I've just remembered those words, and I've persevered.

我都会想起母亲说的那些话,然后我就会坚持下去。

I remember part of the problem being just how skinny I was. Like, I'm telling you all -- I was so so so skinny.

我记得那个时候我的问题就是特别的瘦。真的,我告诉你们,我瘦得像一道闪电!

All this analysis that people would put out there, all these scouting reports and whatever, that kept the focus on what I supposedly couldn't do.

所有人们发表的这些分析数据,所有的球探的报告之类的,当时所有的一切都聚焦在我“不能”做的事情。

"Undersized", "Not a finisher", "Extremely limited". I can still reel them off to this day.

“体型太小”,“不能成为终结者”,“能力非常有限”,我到今天还能够列举很多这些话。

It's how people assume that, once you've started to have a certain amount of success … "feeling underrated" starts going away.

人们就是这样认为:一旦你有了一定的成就,“被低估”就开始消失了。

And that, once you've finally reached any sort of ultimate goal, it starts going away forever.

而且,一旦你最终达到了某种终极目标,这种感觉就会永远消失。

But from my own experience? In your head, honestly -- it never goes away. In mine, it's never even diminished.

但从我个人经历来看?这种感觉在你脑海中,说实话,永远不会消失。但在我的脑海中,它甚至没有减少过。

Not in 2010, trying to make five teams regret their draft decisions.

2010年,在我想要让那5支不选我的球队后悔他们决定的时候。

Not in 2012, trying to fight through ankle problems and loss.

2012年,在我努力从脚踝的伤痛和输球中恢复的时候。

Not in 2014, trying to prove these experts wrong who felt that Curry's style of play just won't work in the playoffs.

2014年,在我想要证明,“库里的打法不适合季后赛”的想法是错误的时候。

Not in 2016, trying to break the Bulls' 72 wins record. Not in 2017, trying to figure out how the Warriors blew a 3-1 series lead.

2016年,在我们想要打破公牛队的72胜记录的时候;2017年,在我想要搞清楚勇士是如何搞砸3-1领先的时候。在这种种时刻中,我从未失去过那“被低估”的感觉。

And I think that's one of the biggest things I've really come to understand about myself over the last 17 years:

在过去的17年中,我领悟到的一个最大的道理是:

The way that underrated might start off as just some feeling the world imposes on you.

被低估或许只是世界强加给你的感受。

But if you figure out how to harness it? It can become a feeling that you impose on the world.

但如果你懂得如何去控制它呢?那它就变成你强加给世界的感受。

Don't sleep on him. Kid is a killer.

可别小瞧他。这小子是个杀手。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lqywt/510803.html