时代周刊:访谈配音"黄金标准"杰里米·艾恩斯(1)(在线收听

7 Questions

7个问题

Jeremy Irons--The Oscar-winning actor on the power of his voice, his best villain and the hardest part he’s ever played

杰里米·艾恩斯曾凭借其深厚的配音功底,塑造的最佳反派以及最困难的角色荣获奥斯卡最佳男演员奖。

You just released an audiobook, The Poems of T.S. Eliot.

你刚刚发了一本有声书,《艾略特诗集》。

Your 2005 recording of Vladimir Nabokov’s Lolita is considered by many to be the gold standard for audiobooks.

很多人都认为你2005年录制的弗拉基米尔·纳博科夫的《洛丽塔》是有声读物的黄金标准。

Any recollections from the recording session?

您还记得您当时配音的过程吗?

After I had been approached to record it, I discovered the company intended an abridged version.

他们联系了我之后,我发现那家公司打算录的是一个删节版。

I felt, had Nabokov wanted it abridged, he would have written it shorter,

我当时就想,如果纳博科夫想要删节的话,他自己就会缩短篇幅的,

and I suggested to his son Dmitri that he might insist we record it as written.

于是,我就建议他的儿子德米特里·纳博科夫坚持按照原文的篇幅进行录制。

When I arrived at the studio in North London, my producer told me we need an extra day to record it in its entirety.

我到了伦敦北部的工作室以后,我的制作人告诉我,录完全篇就需要将录制时间延长一天。

I explained I only had two before I was to fly to work in the U.S.

我解释说,只有两天我就要飞到美国去录音了,

I told her I would read it very quickly and asked her not to interrupt me unless absolutely necessary.

我对她说我会很快读完,希望她不到万不得已不要打断我。

The read, as a result, has a briskness and flow that without those time constraints might not have surfaced.

事实表明,没有不是因为赶时间,我的阅读也不会显得那么轻快流畅。

You also give voice to one of the most evil animals in the history of animation, Scar, in The Lion King.

你还为动画片史上最邪恶的动物之一——《狮子王》里的刀疤配过音。

How do you portray evil with voice alone?

那请问,您是如何只用声音来塑造邪恶的呢?

(Answer)The word unctuousness comes to mind,

(答:)我想到了“虚情假意”这个词,

but I wonder if it isn’t the contrast between what a character says and how he says it,

但我也觉得,是不是一个角色说的话和他说这话的语气之间的对比,

and what actually does that projects his evil nature.

以及促成了这种对比的因素使他的邪恶本性显露出来的。

“One may smile, and smile, and be a villain,” as Hamlet said.

正如哈姆雷特所说:“那家伙也许微笑着,但依然是个恶棍。”

You’ve played some nasty characters. Who has been your favorite villain to portray?

你也演过一些令人讨厌的角色。那你配过的那些反派角色中,你最喜欢谁?

Simon, in Die Hard with a Vengeance, is a man with whom I would enjoy spending the evening.

《虎胆龙威3》里的西蒙应该是那种我愿意和他共度良宵的人。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/sdzk/515848.html