《绝望的主妇》精讲315(在线收听

Here, blow. Good, all right. Come on, it’s going to be fun. Follow me.

喔, 好, 好的,来吧. 这会很有趣的. 跟我来

Excuse me. You can't do that.

不好意思。你不能这么做。

I'm here for the 10 a.m. yoga meditation class.

我来参加上午10点的瑜珈冥想课

Unfortunately, the day care center is full.

不好意思, 日托中心满了

Yeah, I noticed that, but every time I come here, it’s full.

是啊, 我注意到了, 但我每次来都是满的

It’s a popular class, and the other moms come early.

那课很热门, 而且其它的妈妈来得更早

Look, all I can tell you is plan ahead next time.

你看, 我能告诉你的就是下次早点来

Uh, Lauren? I'm a mother of four.

Lauren, 我是四个孩子的母亲

Today I had to get up at five, make lunches, make breakfast, drop the twins off at school, and get across town lugging a baby and a sick child.

今天我不得不5点起床,做中饭, 做早饭, 送双胞胎上学,拖着一个生病的孩子和一个婴儿穿越城市。

Telling me to plan ahead is like telling me to sprout wings.

要我再早点来就像是要我长出翅膀。

And it’s things like being told to plan ahead that make me so crazy, that yoga is the only thing that relaxes me, except I show up here, and I can't get in, and you tell me to plan ahead.

诸如此类的事情已经让我的头都大了,瑜珈是唯一能使我放松的,但我来到这儿却不能进去,而你要我再早点来。

It’s a vicious cycle. See how that works?

那是个恶性循环,明白了吧?

I get it, but if I broke the rules for you, I'd have to break them for the other moms too,

我明白了,但如果我因为你而违规,那么我也要为其它的妈妈违规。

and then the moms who actually follow the rules would get all pissed at me, and I'd have to get pissy right back, and before you know it, I don't have time to read my magazine.

而那些遵守规则的妈妈就会对我很生气,然后我也会变得很生气。在你知道前, 我没有时间看杂志了。

See how that works?

明白了吧?

I hope someday, you have lots of children.

我希望有一天你也会有很多的孩子。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/523095.html