《绝望的主妇》精讲355(在线收听

Oh, Edie. Wait up, I, I want to ask you something.

哦,Edie,等等,有件事要问你。

Can’t stop, gotta keep my heart rate up.

我不能停,需要保持很高的心率。

I was just wondering how you’d feel if I went out with Bill.

我是想问你如果我和Bill出去你会怎么想。

What?

什么?

Um. Bill asked me out.

呃,Bill约我出去。

Bill? My Bill?

Bill,我的Bill?

Well see that’s the thing, he doesn’t think of himself as your Bill cause he said that date was just a one time thing.

是这样的,他不认为他是你的Bill,他说上次和你出去只是一次性的行为。

Which I know because when he asked me out, I told him I thought you guys were involved.

他约我的时候那么说的,我告诉他我以为你正在和他约会。

So, you haven’t agreed to go out with him?

所以你没答应他?

No. No, I wanted to check with you first.

没答应,我想先问问你。

Wow. That was nice of you.

哇呜,你真仁慈。

So can I?

我可以吗?

No.

不可以

Edie! Edie, why can’t I go out with him?

Edie。Edie,为什么我不可以?

Because I saw him first.

因为我先看见他的。

Come on, that’s a really 3rd-grade thing to say.

哈哈,这么说真低级。

Look, you asked my permission, I saidno. That should be the end of it!

你征求我的同意,我说不可以。就这样了。

Well, you know, technically, I don’t need your permission!

你知道,从技术上来说,我并不需要你的同意。

You know, I so much want to like you but you just won’t let me.

我很想喜欢你,你就是不让。

Edie.

Edie……

Susan, you know I try. I try to look past your flaws, your klutziness, that, that faux vulnerability, your hair,

Susan,你知道,我试过,我试着忘记你过去的错误,你的笨手笨脚,你的虚伪,还有你的头发,

but you look for ways to push my buttons.

但你总是有办法让我恼火。

He just wants to buy me a burrito.

他只是想给我买个墨西哥料理。

Susan, please. Let me like you.

Susan,拜托,让我喜欢你吧。

Okay, I won’t go out with him. I mean obviously you have feeling for him.

好吧,我不和他出去了。我是说,显然你对他有感情。

No, I don’t. I really don’t.

不,我没有。真的没有。

So what then? If you can’t have him, nobody can?

那是为什么?如果你不能拥有他,别人也不能?

See? Now you’re thinking like a friend.

明白了吗?现在你的思维方式像我的朋友了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/524457.html