《绝望的主妇》精讲403(在线收听

At the risk of ruining a lovely evening, I have some unpleasant news.

冒着糟蹋一个美好夜晚的危险,我有一个不太好的消息。

The police dug up your father today.

警察今天把你们的父亲挖出来了。

What?

什么?

Why?

为什么?

Well, apparently, they want to do an autopsy. They don't think that he had a heart attack.

很显然,他们想要验尸。他们认为他不是死于心脏病。

They think that somebody was poisoning him.

他们觉得有人给他下毒。

Who would have poisoned daddy?

谁会给爸爸下毒?

Well, apparently, I'm a suspect. Well, they always look atspouses first.

显然我是嫌疑犯。他们总是先怀疑配偶的。

It has something to with statistics. It's just a formality. I'll be cleared in no time.

这是他们的一贯手法。只是走一个过程。我很快就会澄清。

Would you two please stop looking at me like that? Obviously, I did not kill your father.

你们俩能别这么看着我么?你们清楚我没杀你们父亲。

I loved him deeply.

我爱他很深。

Yeah, but you and dad had a lot of problems. Everyone knows that.

是啊,但你和爸爸问题很多。人人都知道。

Yes, we had issues, but I would never have hurt him.

是的,我们有些问题,但我永远不会伤害他的。

What about the night daddy had his second heart attack?

那爸爸第二次心脏病发作那晚呢?

You must have loved him a lot to make the bed before taking him to the hospital.

你带他去医院之前还要整理床铺?可真够爱他的。

I was in shock, Danielle. You know that. Andrew, surely you don't think I murdered your father.

我当时慌了,Danielle。你很清楚。Andrew,我肯定你没认为我杀了你父亲吧。

I know you didn't. You're not capable of murder.

我知道不是你。你不会杀人的。

Thank you.

谢谢。

That wasn't a compliment. Ittakes guts to kill somebody.

我没在夸奖你。有种的人才敢杀人。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/524505.html