《绝望的主妇》精讲433(在线收听

We need to talk.

我们得谈谈。

Where did you come from?

你从哪冒出来的?

I'm sorry. I've been waiting for you. I'm just a little upset because everybody thinks I'm crazy.

不好意思,我一直在等你。我有点不高兴,因为人人都以为我疯了。

Can I at least get out of the truck first?

我能先从车里出来么?

Yes, definitely. I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't want the cops to know that you kidnapped Paul.

能,当然。我是说,我能理解你为什么不想警察知道你绑架了Paul。

I mean, that definitely looks bad.

的确会让你看起来是坏人。

Since I was on probation.

我还在缓刑阶段。

Well, right. I mean, there's that.

对...有道理。

And in possession of a gun.

我还有枪。

Well, okay...

好。

Which I held to his head. So I violated my probation, committed a felony, and coerced a confession.

我拿它指着他的脑袋。我违反了缓刑的规定,绑架了人,强迫对方认罪。

If the cops found out about that, I'd be looking at ten to fifteen years.

要是警察知道了,我就得进去10到15年了。

But why don't you want them to know about Martha Huber's journal?

但你为什么不让他们知道Martha Huber的日记呢?

I mean, she says right in there that she was blackmailing Paul's wife.

她在里面说得很清楚她在勒索Paul的妻子。

She also says right in there that she was blackmailing you for burning down Edie's house.

她还在里面说得很清楚她在勒索你,因为你烧了Edie的房子。

Oh. I forgot about that. I just can't believe it.

我都忘了,真是难以置信。

I mean, there he is a murderer, just living right on our street,

他就在那一个凶手,就住在我们的街上。

and there's nothing we can do about it because you're a convicted felon and I burned down that stupid house. It's unfair.

我们却什么也做不了,因为你有前科而我纵了火。真不公平。

I want Paul Young gone as badly as you do, and he will be,

我和你一样想Paul Young消失,他也会消失得。

but I also want to find Zach. I think once Zach finds out Paul's here, I got a feeling he'll be back.

但我也想找到Zach,我想他如果知道Paul在这,他应该会回来的。

Well, that's comforting to know there's a silver lining.

祸中有福真是安慰多了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/525009.html