《绝望的主妇》精讲467(在线收听

And knock wood, the doctorssay I'll keep improving slowly but surely.

谢天谢地,医生说我会复原的但会很慢

So how are you?

那你怎么样了?

Good, good. I'm seeing friends, and I just started cochairing a charity event for the junior league, and, um,

很好,见见朋友.我要合伙组织青年志愿者组织的慈善活动

and I broke up with George

而且我和George分手了

Really?

真的?

Dr. Goldfine, do you ever really cure people,

Goldfine医生,你真的治愈过

I mean, even if they're really crazy?

头脑发疯的人吗?

I'm not a big fan of that word

我不赞同你说的头脑发疯

People either have mental health or they don't.

有些人没有精神问题,有些有,

When they do have a problem, you treat them as if they had any other disease, and sometimes they get better.

当他们有问题时,你就象治疗其他有疾病的人一样,有时病情会好转

Well, when I broke up with George, I saw something in his eyes.It was a kind of malevolence,

我和George分手时,我在他的眼里看到了一些东西,狠毒的眼神

and it just didn't seem to me to be the sort of thing that you could cure.

在我看来这不是可以医治的。

I don't believe in evil either. We're all just people.

我不相信人是邪恶的,我们是普通人而已

How can you not believe in evil?

你怎么能不相信呢?

A man just threw you off a bridge for no reason.

一个人毫无理由的把你从桥上丢了下去

Exactly. He didn't know anything about me.

的确,他对我一无所知

He just rode upon his little blue bike and tried to hurt me.

他骑着蓝色的自行车想要伤害我

Do I think he's wicked? No. He's disturbed.

我认为他是邪恶的? 不,他被自身的病所困扰

His problems probably stem from a chemical imbalance.

他的问题可能源于内分泌失衡

I believe with enough time and treatment, I could help him.

我相信有足够的时间和治疗我能治好他

Did you say a blue bike?

你提到了蓝色的自行车?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526488.html