《绝望的主妇》精讲483(在线收听

Well, the good news is he's, he's dead.

还好他,他已经死了。

He committed suicide. His death was on his terms. That's not justice.

他是自杀。那只能算他自己的。不能算恶人有恶报。

So, are you saying if he were executed, that it would be easier for you to get past this?

你的意思是如果他是他杀的,你会好受一点?

Of course.

当然。

George didn't intend to commit suicide.

George...本没有打算自杀。

He was trying to manipulate me into taking him back and he swallowed those pills hoping that I'd feel sorry for him.

他想利用自杀让我回心转意,他就吞了安眠药,想让我觉得内疚。

He just assumed that I would call an ambulance. When I got there, he was already slipping away.

他以为我肯定会叫救护车,我到房间时,他已经迷糊了。

I tried to get him to accept responsibility for what he'd done, but he wouldn't.

我想让他自愿承担自己所作所为的责任,但他不愿意。

So what'd you do?

那么你干吗了?

Nothing. I just sat there and let him die.

什么也没做。我就坐在那,看着他死去。

Oh, my god.

天啊!

He didn't die on his terms, Andrew. He paid for what he did to your father.

他不是自杀,Andrew。他算为你父亲之死偿命了。

Thank you for telling me this.

谢谢你告诉我。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526504.html