《绝望的主妇》精讲523(在线收听

So, this is your spleen.

这是你的脾脏。

Normally, it'd be over here, but because you're missing ligament structure, it has wandered over there right next to your liver.

通常它在这里,因为你缺少一些韧带组织,它游动到了这里,就在肝脏隔壁。

And we discussed it at the staff meeting.Everyone thinks you should have it removed immediately.

我们讨论过后果。每个人都认为你应当立即摘除它。

Oh well, okay.

好吧。

I mean, I guess you guys probably have all sorts of new exciting techniques where you don't even cut open the body?

我想你们有那些新潮的医学设备,你甚至不需要切开身体。

No, not really.

不,不是的。

No? So, we're talking surgery? Well, I guess I can handle that.

不是?那是要做手术?我想我可以应付。

People get cut open every day.

每天都有人被切开。

So, I assuming you are good with me doing the surgery, right?

那么我猜你会让我做这个手术。

You?

你?

I mean, it seems natural. I know the most about your case.

这很自然。我最了解你的情况。

I promise you'll be in very good hands.

我保证你能得到很好的照料。

Oh, ah, well, ah.

好。

What?

怎么?

The first time you will see me naked, I will be on an operating table.

你第一次看到我的身体,是在手术台上。

Oh, I promise I will be a perfect gentleman. My eyes will be strictly on the spleen.

我保证我不会有非分之举。我的眼睛一定只会顶着脾脏。

Doctor, Mrs. Baker is here for her follow-up.

医生,Baker夫人来做复查了。

Right. We need to schedule Susan for a splenectomy with me.

需要为Susan安排胰脏摘除术。我来主刀。

Oh, congratulations!

噢,恭喜你!

So, I will call you later?

那我等会打电话给你?

Oh, I am so happy for him. Such a doll.

我真为他高兴.他真的很可爱。

I am curious. Um, why were you so congratulatory?

我很好奇. 呃...你怎么那么开心?

Oh, the spleen surgery. It'll be his first!

噢,那个脾脏手术--这是他的第一次!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/526966.html