《金银岛》第七章 苹果桶(6)(在线收听

You can imagine my horror!

你可以想像我有多恐惧!

I heard Dick begin to rise ,but Hands said,Oh, let's have some rum ,John.

我听见迪克已经站起来,可是汉兹说:噢,约翰,咱们喝点朗姆酒吧。

Silver sent Dick to fetch the rum, then Israel said something to the cook in a low voice,

西尔弗让迪克去取酒,伊斯莱尔和厨子低语了几句,

and I heard only a word or two.

我只听见几个字,

But they were important words:Not another man will join.

但很重要:有个人不肯参加我们的行列。

So there were still some honest men on board.

看来还有和我们站在一起的人。

I looked up and saw the moon had risen.

我抬头看去,月亮已经升起来了。

At the same time ,the voice of one of the crew shouted: Land!

正在这时有个人喊道:陆地!

There was the sound of many feet running across the deck.

甲板上顿时响起了脚步声。

I quickly got out of the barrel and was in time to join Hunter and Dr Livesey and the rest, at the side of the ship.

我也乘机跳出苹果桶,正好遇上亨特和李甫西大夫等人,便和他们一起冲上船边。

Away to the south-west,we saw two hills.

我们朝西南方向望去,可以看见两座小山。

Rising behind one of them was a third hill, even higher,

其中一座小山后面还有一座高一点的小山,

and with its top still hid-den in fog.

山的顶部还笼罩在雾中。

Captain Smollett gave orders ,and the Hispaniola turned so that the ship would sail just clear of the island on the east.

斯摩列特船长下了命令,伊斯帕尼奥拉号掉头从东面靠近小岛。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jydzysyysdw/527061.html