《金银岛》第十章 在寨子里(1)(在线收听

Chapter 10 Inside the stockade

第十章 在寨子里

We followed the noise of the fighting and came to a hill.

我们循着枪声来到一座小山前。

There stood a strong wooden house,big enough for forty people,and with holes for guns on every side.

那儿有一座坚固的木头房子,可以容得下40人,每一面墙都有射击孔。

All around the house was a wide open piece of land;

房子四周是一片开阔地,

and around that was a fence,two metres high,with no doors or openings,and too strong to pull down easily.

还有一圈围栏,两米高,没有出入口,很坚固而且不易拉倒。

As soon as Ben Gunn saw the English flag flying over thehouse,he said,

本·葛恩一看见木屋上飘着的英国旗就对我说:

There are your friends.

你的朋友在那里。

More likely to be the pirates,I answered.

更有可能是那帮海盗,我说。

Silver would put up the pirate's flag,the Jolly Roger,said Ben.

西尔弗一定会挂他们海盗的骷髅旗,本·葛恩说。

No,there's been a fight,and your friends have won.

刚才他们打了一仗,你的朋友获胜了。

They're inside the stockade that Flint made years ago.

他们正在弗林特几年前建的寨子里。

Then I must hurry and join them,I said.

那我得赶快去和我的朋友们会合,我说。

He wouldn't come with me.

他不愿和我一起去。

I won't come until you've seen your gentleman and got his promise.

除非你见到了你们那位绅士,得到了他的保证,否则我不会去见他们。

You know where to find me,Jim.

吉姆,你知道在哪儿能找到我。

And if the pirates sleep on shore tonight,one of them might have an unpleasant surprise!

要是那帮海盗在岸上过夜,他们中就会有人遭厄运!

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jydzysyysdw/527074.html