《绝望的主妇》精讲547(在线收听

It was a tradition at Leonardo's Bar and Grill, an hour before closing time,

Leonardo烧烤酒吧有这么一个传统,打烊前的一个小时,

a waiter would sing a selection of ridiculously depressing Italian arias.

一位服务员要唱一系列的悲情的意大利咏叹调。

It was also a tradition that the only customers who would actually listen were the ones already depressed to begin with.

而真正在听的却是那些本来就哀伤的顾客。

Tony? Do you have to rush off? I thoughtmaybe we could just chat for a minute.

Tony? 别急着走,我想和你聊聊。

So, I haven't seen you in a while.

好久不见你了。

Well, I didn't wanna come here because I was afraid it would drudge up memories of my husband.

我之所以没来是因为我担心这里会让我想起我的丈夫。

This was our place. Rex passed away recently. He was, um, murdered by our pharmacist.

你也知道,这是我们俩常来的地方。Rex最近去世了。他是被我们的药剂师杀死的。

Wow. I hope you changed pharmacists.

希望你换了药剂师。

I didn't have to. He committed suicide.

那倒不必了,他畏罪自杀了。

Look, you've had a little too much wine tonight. How about I call you a cab?

您今晚喝了不少酒了,要不要我给您叫出租车?

Oh, no, no, no, no. I'm okay.

不,不,不,我没事。

Your car would be safe in our lot, and you can pick it up tomorrow. Please.

您的车可以停放在我们停车场里,你明天再来取也不迟啊,行吗?

Well, okay. Tony? How many more arias is he going to sing?

好吧。Tony?还要唱几首咏叹调?

Five.

5首。

Oh. In that case, why don't you bring me another bottle of the Pinot Grigio? And please hurry.

哦,既然这样。你就帮我再拿一瓶灰皮诺干白酒吧。请务必快点。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528431.html