《绝望的主妇》精讲554(在线收听

When I heard that you two wanted to try for another child, I was delighted.

我听说你们想要第二个孩子,我实在很高兴。

But I had some cause for concern. Gabrielle,

但是我也有些担心,Gabrielle,

you suffered some extensive injuries during your fall last month and the test confirmed there are complications.

上个月摔下楼之后伤势比较严重,测试表明有并发症。

You can't have kids?

你不能生孩子了?

Well, the doctor's not a hundred percent positive, but it's very, very iffy.

医生还不是完全肯定,但是很有问题。

Carlos, I am so sorry. I know how much you wanted to be a dad.

Carlos,我感到很遗憾。我知道你很想做爸爸。

Thanks.

谢谢了。

Don't be so suicidal. We can always adopt.

别当世界末日似的,我们可以领养孩子的。

I wanted to have a child of our own. You know that.

我只是要个自己的孩子。你知道的。

What does it matter whose D.N.A. it is? The diapers are still going to smell the same regardless.

谁的遗传基因有什么重要?尿布味还不是都一样

I'd just prefer not to adopt. Okay?

我就是不喜欢收养,行吗?

Fine. What about surrogacy? I mean, I know it's pricey,

好。代母生育怎么样?虽然价格不菲,

but at least the baby would look like us, and I wouldn't get stretch marks. It's a win-win.

但是至少孩子会像我们俩,而且我也不会留下妊娠纹,一举两得。

Great. So then we have some stranger off the street giving birth to our child.

好极了,那我们就在路上随便拉个不认识的人给我生孩子,

Is that what you really want?

这就是你希望的?

What I want is for you to lighten up.

我希望的就是你能高兴点。

We don't have a lot of options and you're going to have to pick one.

我们没那么可选的,你只能捡一个。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/528438.html