纪录片《长生不老》 03衰老的成因(在线收听

Understanding why we age has been a major scientific mystery.

弄明白我们衰老的原因成了一个科学之谜

I think all of us kind of know what ageing is all about

我想我们都知道什么是衰老

because we've either experienced it, I mean even if we're young,

因为我们都经历过 即便我们还年轻

we've seen our parents, our grandparents age,

我们目睹我们的父母 祖父母变老

but understanding the mechanism,

只知道这是不可避免的

this would be the mystery of the mysteries.

这就成为了谜中迷

It's a very young field and that's probably the reason why

这是一块未成熟的领域 那可能是

we don't know much about

我们不了解它

it and why there are so many competing models,

所以才有五花八门的观点

and I think the real key is probably in understanding

我认为真正关键在于搞懂

how these different pathways relate to each other.

这些不同观点是怎样相互联系的

If you were a Martian coming to this planet, and you saw someone

假如你是火星人来到这个星球 你看到

in her '90s and her granddaughter of sixteen,

90多岁的人和她的16岁孙女

then you would say "Gee, there's not much difference."

你会说 咦 没什么区别啊

On the other hand, if all of a sudden the house caught on fire

另一方面 如果突然房子着火了

and the people ran, you would immediately be able to say,

人们跑了出来 你会立刻说

"Oh, this one really didn't make it very far."

噢 这人跑不远

We don't really have a

我们真的不知道

clue for exactly what's happening in ageing.

在衰老时到底发生了什么

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jlpcsbl/528778.html