时差N小时 击鼓有利于健身(在线收听

Ya?l: [OVER THE DRUMS] Don! Hey, Don! Hey!

咚!嘿!咚!嘿!

D: Did somebody say something?

有人在说话吗?

Y: Yes, over here, hello!?!

是的,在这里。你好?

D: Oh, hi Ya?l. What a sec, let my take my earplugs out. Man, drums are loud.

哦,嗨Ya?l. 等我一下,我把耳塞拿出来。鼓声实在是太大了。

Y: Tell me about it! What are you doing? Starting a rock band?

告诉我,你敲鼓干什么?开摇滚乐队吗?

D: Nope. I'm working out.

没,我在锻炼身体。

Y: Uh, OK. It looked to me like you were nurturing your inner John Bonham.

呃,好吧。据我看,你就是在模仿John Bonham.

D: Well, maybe I was living out my rock star fantasies, but I'm also working up a sweat.

嗯,也许我是要活出我的摇滚明星梦,但我也出了一身的汗。

Did you know that during a rock show the drummer's heart rate can get as high as 179 beats

per minute?

你知道吗?摇滚演出的时候鼓手的心率能达到每分钟179下。

Y: Wow! That's like professional athlete range.

哇!那就好比职业运动员的心率范围。

D: Yep. Rock drummers burn something like six-hundred calories per hour.

是的。摇滚鼓手每小时要燃烧六百卡路里。

Y: How do you know all this?

你是怎么知道这些的?

D: I'm a big fan of the rock group Blondie. Remember them from the 1970s and early '80s?

我是摇滚乐队Blondie的忠实粉丝。70年代末80年代初就知道他们了。

Anyhow, the group's drummer, Clem Burke, has been working with scientists to study what drumming does for the body. Turns out it could be a great form of exercise.

总之,他们的鼓手,Clem Burke,一直在与科学家研究打鼓对身体的好处。事实证明这可能会是一种很棒的健身形式。

Y: I can see that. You're using both arms and legs at the same time, and if you're playing a fast song, that really takes a lot of energy.

我知道。你要同时动用双臂和双腿,而且如果你在演奏快歌,那确实是要耗很大能量的。

D: Exactly. And it's more fun than running on a treadmill like a hamster on a wheel.

的确。但那会比在跑步机上跑步有意思,后者就像是绕着转轮跑的仓鼠。

Y: So are we going to see drumming fitness centers in the near future?

所以在不久的将来我们会看到击鼓健身俱乐部吗?

D: Maybe. There's still more research to be done on drumming as exercise. But drumming could very well emerge as a new fitness trend.

也许吧。但还需要做些深入研究。但是打鼓很可能成为一个新的健身趋势。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/529446.html