时差N小时 吸烟可以减轻体重?(上)(在线收听

One of the really interesting things about the nicotine in cigarettes is that it works in two ways.

香烟中尼古丁的其中一个非常有趣的特质是,它以两种完全不同的方式工作。

When you take a long drag, it acts as a tranquilizer, but when you inhale in short puffs, it acts as a stimulant.

如果你长期吸烟,那么它会起到镇定剂的作用,但如果你只吸几口,它只会成为兴奋剂。

And one of the side-effects of stimulants is that they suppress the appetite.

而兴奋剂的其中一个副作用则是抑制食欲。

Okay, so what is your point?

好了,你想说什么?

I'm just trying to sympathize with you by agreeing that the relationship between smoking and weight is tricky.

我只是有些同情你,我觉得吸烟和体重之间的关系是个骗局。

One of the most successful ad campaigns for cigarettes encouraged women to smoke instead of eat.

其中一个最成功的香烟广告活动就是鼓励女士们用吸烟代替吃饭。

And the fact is that cigarette smokers do weigh less on average than nonsmokers.

实际上,吸烟者通常的确比不抽烟的人体重要轻。

Research shows that quitting smoking can make you gain between five and twelve pounds.

调查发现,戒烟会导致体重增加五到十二磅。

Tell me about it.

洗耳恭听。

But there are things you can do, you know?

但是你还可以做这些事情,你知道吗?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/scnxs/533323.html