波希米亚丑闻 02前言(2)(在线收听

I had seen little of Holmes lately. My marriage had drifted us away from each other.

最近很少和福尔摩斯晤面。我婚后就和他疏于往来。

My own complete happiness, and the home-centred interests which rise up around the man who first finds himself master of his own establishment,

我的完满的幸福和第一次感到自己成为家庭的主人而产生的家庭乐趣,

were sufficient to absorb all my attention,

吸引了我的全部注意力。

while Holmes, who loathed every form of society with his whole Bohemian soul,

可是福尔摩斯,他却豪放不羁,厌恶社会上一切繁缛的礼仪,

remained in our lodgings in Baker Street, buried among his old books,

所以依然住在我们那所贝克街的房子里,埋头于旧书堆中。

and alternating from week to week between cocaine and ambition, the drowsiness of the drug, and the fierce energy of his own keen nature.

他一个星期服用可卡因,另一个星期又充满了干劲,就这样交替地处于用药物引起的瞌睡状态和他自己那种热烈性格的旺盛精力状态中。

福尔摩斯探案集 波希米亚丑闻

He was still, as ever, deeply attracted by the study of crime,

正如往常一样,他仍醉心于研究犯罪行为,

and occupied his immense faculties and extraordinary powers of observation in following out those clues,

并用他那卓越的才能和非凡的观察力去找那些线索和打破那些难解之谜,

and clearing up those mysteries which had been abandoned as hopeless by the official police.

而这些谜是官厅警察认为毫无希望解答而被放弃了的。

From time to time I heard some vague account of his doings: of his summons to Odessa in the case of the Trepoff murder,

我不时模模糊糊地听到一些关于他活动的情况:如关于他被召到敖德萨去办理特雷波夫暗杀案;

of his clearing up of the singular tragedy of the Atkinson brothers at Trincomalee,

关于侦破亭可马里非常怪的阿特金森兄弟惨案;

and finally of the mission which he had accomplished so delicately and successfully for the reigning family of Holland.

以及最后关于他为荷兰皇家完成得那么微妙和出色的使命等等。

Beyond these signs of his activity, however, which I merely shared with all the readers of the daily press,

这些情况,我和其他读者一样,仅仅是从报纸上读到的。

I knew little of my former friend and companion.

除此之外,关于我的老友和伙伴的其它情况我就知道得很少了。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/533514.html