博斯科姆比溪谷秘案 13整理线索(7)(在线收听

A Juryman: Did you see nothing which aroused your suspicions when you returned on hearing the cry and found your father fatally injured?

一个陪审员:"当你听到喊声,并且发现你父亲受重伤的时候,你没有看见什么引起你怀疑的东西吗?"

Witness: Nothing definite.

证人:"没有什么确切的东西。"

The Coroner: What do you mean?

验尸官:"你这话是什么意思?"

Witness: I was so disturbed and excited as I rushed out into the open, that I could think of nothing except of my father.

证人:"我赶紧跑到那空地的时候,思想很乱,很紧张,我脑子里只是想到我的父亲。

Yet I have a vague impression that as I ran forward something lay upon the ground to the left of me.

不过,我有这么一个模糊的印象:在我往前跑的时候,在我左边地上有一件东西。

It seemed to me to be something gray in colour, a coat of some sort, or a plaid perhaps.

它好象是灰色的,仿佛是大衣之类的东西,也可能是件方格呢的披风。

福尔摩斯探案集 博斯科姆比溪谷

When I rose from my father I looked round for it, but it was gone."

当我从我父亲身边站起来时,我转身去找它,但它已经无影无踪了。"

"Do you mean that it disappeared before you went for help?" "Yes, it was gone."

"你是说,在你去求援之前就已经不见了?""是的,已经不见了。"

"You cannot say what it was?" "No, I had a feeling something was there."

"你不能肯定它是什么东西?""不能肯定,我只感到那里有件东西。"

"How far from the body?" "A dozen yards or so."

"它离尸体有多远?""大约十几码远。"

"And how far from the edge of the wood?" "About the same."

"离树林边缘有多远?""差不多同样距离。"

"Then if it was removed it was while you were within a dozen yards of it?"

"那么,如果有人把它拿走,那是在你离开它只有十几码远的时候。"

"Yes, but with my back towards it."

"是的,但那是在我背向着它的时候。"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/534485.html