五个桔核 21解剖案情(3)(在线收听

"Yes," I answered, laughing.

"对,"我回答道,不禁笑了。

"It was a singular document. Philosophy, astronomy, and politics were marked at zero, I remember.

"那是一张怪有趣的记录表。我记得:哲学、天文学、政治学,打了零分;

Botany variable, geology profound as regards the mud-stains from any region within fifty miles of town,

植物学,说不准;地质学,就伦敦五十英里以内任何地区的泥迹而言,算得造诣很深;

chemistry eccentric, anatomy unsystematic, sensational literature and crime records unique,

化学,很独特;解剖学,没有系统;关于惊险文学和罪行记录是无与伦比的;

violin-player, boxer, swordsman, lawyer, and self-poisoner by cocaine and tobacco.

是小提琴音乐家、拳击手、剑术运动员、律师;是服用可卡因和吸烟的自我毒害者。

Those, I think, were the main points of my analysis."

我想,那些都是我分析的要点。"

Holmes grinned at the last item. "Well," he said, "I say now, as I said then,

福尔摩斯听到最后一项,嘻嘻地笑了。"嗯,"他说,"就象我过去说的一样,我现在还是要说:

that a man should keep his little brain-attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use,

一个人应当给他自己头脑的小小阁楼里装满他可能需要使用的一切。

and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library, where he can get it if he wants it.

其余的东西可以放到他的藏书室里去,需要的时候,随时取用即可。

Now, for such a case as the one which has been submitted to us to-night,

现在,为了今晚我们接受的这样一桩案件,

we need certainly to muster all our resources.

我们肯定需要把我们所有的资料都集中起来。

Kindly hand me down the letter K of the American Encyclopaedia which stands upon the shelf beside you.

劳驾把你身边书架上的美国百科全书里K字部的那一册递给我。

Thank you. Now let us consider the situation and see what may be deduced from it.

谢谢你!让我们考虑一下形势,看看从中可能作出什么样的推论。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/534854.html