歪唇男人 34揭开迷雾(7)(在线收听

"Great heavens!" cried the inspector, "it is, indeed, the missing man. I know him from the photograph."

"天啊!"巡官叫道,"真的,他就是那个失踪的人。我从相片上认出他。"

The prisoner turned with the reckless air of a man who abandons himself to his destiny.

那囚犯转过身来,摆出一副听天由命、不在乎的架势。

"Be it so," said he. "And pray, what am I charged with?"

"就算这样吧,"他说,"请问,能控告我犯了什么罪?"

"With making away with Mr. Neville St...

"控告你犯了杀害内维尔·圣...

Oh, come, you can't be charged with that unless they make a case of attempted suicide of it," said the inspector with a grin.

哦,除非他们把这案件当做自杀未遂案,他们就不会控告你犯了这个罪。"巡官咧嘴笑着说。

"Well, I have been twenty-seven years in the force, but this really takes the cake."

"哼,我当了二十七年的警察了,这次可真该得奖了。"

"If I am Mr. Neville St. Clair, then it is obvious that no crime has been committed, and that, therefore, I am illegally detained."

"如果我是内维尔·圣克莱尔先生,那么,显然我就没犯什么罪。因此,我是受到非法拘留。"

"No crime, but a very great error has been committed," said Holmes.

"不犯罪,却犯了一个很大的错误!"福尔摩斯说,

"You would have done better to have trusted your wife."

"你要是信得过你的妻子的话,你就会干得更好些。"

"It was not the wife; it was the children," groaned the prisoner.

"倒不是我的妻子,而是我的儿女,"那囚犯发出呻吟的声音说,

"God help me, I would not have them ashamed of their father.

"上帝保佑,我不愿他们为他们的父亲所做的事而感到耻辱。

My God! What an exposure! What can I do?"

天哪!讲出去多么难堪啊!我可怎么办呢?"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/534898.html