波希米亚丑闻 21乔装打扮(7)(在线收听

"Well, I found my plans very seriously menaced.

"咳,我觉得我的计划受到严重的威胁。

It looked as if the pair might take an immediate departure, and so necessitate very prompt and energetic measures on my part.

看来这一对有可能立刻离开这里,因此我必须采取迅速而有力的措施。

At the church door, however, they separated, he driving back to the temple, and she to her own house.

他们在教堂门口分手。他坐车回坦普尔,而她则回到她自己的住处。

'I shall drive out in the park at five as usual,' she said as she left him.

'我还象平常一样,五点钟坐车到公园去,'她辞别他时说道,

I heard no more. They drove away in different directions, and I went off to make my own arrangements."

我就听到这些。他们各自乘车驶向不同的方向,我也离开了那里去为自己作些安排。"

"Which are?" "Some cold beef and a glass of beer," he answered, ringing the bell.

"是什么安排?""一些卤牛肉和一杯啤酒,"他揿了一下电铃答道,

"I have been too busy to think of food, and I am likely to be busier still this evening.

"我一直忙得不可开交,没工夫想到吃东西,今晚我很可能还要更忙些。

By the way, Doctor, I shall want your cooperation."

顺便说一句,大夫,我将需要你的合作。"

"I shall be delighted." "You don't mind breaking the law?" "Not in the least."

"我很乐意。""你不怕犯法吗?""一点也不。"

"Nor running a chance of arrest?" "Not in a good cause."

"也不怕万一被捕吗?""为了一个高尚的目标,我不怕。"

"Oh, the cause is excellent!" "Then I am your man."

"噢,这目标是再高尚不过了。""那么,我就是你所需要的人了。"

"I was sure that I might rely on you." "But what is it you wish?"

"我原先就肯定我是可以依仗你的。""可是你打算怎么办呢?"

"When Mrs. Turner has brought in the tray I will make it clear to you. Now,"

"特纳太太一端来盘子,我就向你说明。现在,"

he said as he turned hungrily on the simple fare that our landlady had provided,

他饥肠辘辘地转向女房东拿来的简单食品,说道,

"I must discuss it while I eat, for I have not much time. It is nearly five now.

"我不得不边吃边谈这件事,因为我的时间所剩无几。

In two hours we must be on the scene of action. Miss Irene, or Madame, rather, returns from her drive at seven.

现在快五点钟了。我们必须在两个钟头内赶到行动地点。艾琳小姐,不,是夫人,将在七点钟驱车归来。

We must be at Briony Lodge to meet her." "And what then?"

我们必须在布里翁尼府第与她相遇。""然后怎么样?"

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/femstaqjsy/535251.html